Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Data Analytics & Business Planning - ETHICON
Requisition ID: 8329181127
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Data Analytics & Business Planning - ETHICON to support our Medical Devices business. This position has primary locations in Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH with up to 20% domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is currently $20 billion in World Wide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
The Senior Manager, Data Analytics & Business Planning - ETHICON is responsible for supporting the Data, Reporting & Analytics and Business Planning functions for the commercial business. This person will closely align with key ETHICON and Commercial Operations (Comm Ops) leadership team members to focus on reporting, analytical build out, and continued enhancement of the ETHICON planning process in support ETHICON targets/strategic initiatives. Individual will work closely with existing workstreams and the Comm Ops data strategies team to source data from R.A.D.A.R. (single data cloud environment) while driving increased standardization and efficiency gains through the QlikSense application. Additional focus will also be placed on shifting outputs from base performance measurement to those that include increased analytical insights to support business growth. A heavy focus will also be placed on standardization and alignment of key performance indicators (KPIs), strategic data management, and enhancement of the existing ETHICON analytical footprint in support of key ETHICON targets/strategic initiatives.
Additional Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Individual will provide strategic direction as it pertains to ETHICON Data, Reporting & Analytics, systems development, and QlikSense application development and deployment to facilitate ETHICON goal attainment.
- Will work in continued collaboration with leaders from Commercial Business and ETHICON Leadership Team (e.g. Finance, Marketing, Channel Management, Professional Education, Global Business Insights, Sales Training, PMOs) to define requirements and provide timely analytics and insights in an aligned approach. Includes increased focus on standardization, driving consistent processes, and alignment of KPIs plus experience leveraging vendors/contractors.
- Individual will lead build out of new reporting and analytics via QlikSense to support business growth targets. This will include new dashboards, metrics, and ad-hoc capabilities sourced from the new R.A.D.A.R. (central data cloud) environment.
- Will coordinate work associated with ETHICON Data, Reporting & Analytics across Commercial Operations leadership team to establish appropriate “analytics” governance model to support an aligned approach for ETHICON.
- Focus will include not only internal data, but also working on introduction of new data analytics and healthcare economics: Industry trends/Segmentation, Share, Strength of Position for ETHICON, Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs), Definitive Healthcare, CVT, and other areas.
- Individual will also work closely with peer Data, Reporting & Analytic Leaders supporting DPS and CSS to leverage best practices while also continuing to align on future QlikSense application and external benchmarking.
- Will aid the Data Strategies team in ensuring data integrity and the validation of analytics and insights used to support business decisions.
- Will play a key role in driving continued efficiency gains per streamlining reporting output and leveraging new capability builds.
- Will lead the continued optimization of the ETHICON Business Planning model (Forecasting, S&OP) through the CRM (Optimizer interface) & Business Tools including Qlik Sense to increase efficiencies, data transparency, analytical insights with key recommendations.
- Will lead, coach & continuously develop (6) Ethicon Lead Analyst direct reports and a Vendor/Contracting team where driving healthy conversations with (1) VP Sales, (1) VP Marketing, (12) Area Vice Presidents, (~100) Division Sales Managers and Directors of Marketing responsible for $3.4 Billion of Revenue (platforms/categories consist of: Endocutters, Energy, Biosurgery, Suture, Topical Skin Adhesives, Hernia, EndoMechanical plus acquisitions LINX & NeuWave).
- Will continue to support and enhance support of ETHICON Strategic initiatives and the Analytics and Insights being provided (e.g., Attrition, ASC, NPI, etc).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant business experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years with organizational leadership experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of business strategy and analytics required.
- Extensive experience in leading an organization, aligning with Sr. Leadership, and driving organization change required.
- Extensive knowledge of analytics and technology, with demonstrated expertise and knowledge in supporting business data / analytics needs.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, to be accountable for individual & team results and drive change across functions.
- Demonstrated strong skills in oral and written communication.
- Ability to build relationships, collaborate and influence across a multifunctional matrix organization.
- Demonstrated experience in leading others to achieve organizational objectives including the ability to anticipate and adapt, own and/or work group tactics to support changing business needs.
- Demonstrated prioritization, organizational, analytical and skills as well as the ability to conceptualize very complex issues, processes, procedures or solutions.
- Significant experience in people management and in leading teams, including performance management, and resource and capacity planning/analysis.
- High Technical Skills that include QlikSense, Tableau, MS Office, and other data tool sets are required (previous experience utilizing these tools and/or strong propensity to learn demonstrated)
- Attention to detail with extensive experience in aggregating data and formulating analytical insights is required.
This position has primary locations in Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH with up to 20% domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)