Johnson & Johnson Careers
SENIOR DIRECTOR TRANSACTIONS
Requisition ID: 8324190228
The Johnson & Johnson Innovation Centers, a part of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senor Director, Transactions to be based in Boston, MA. Johnson & Johnson (J&J) is the world's most comprehensive and broad-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the pharmaceutical, consumer health, and medical device markets. The more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ over 134,000 people worldwide.
As part of the Johnson & Johnson’s Global External Innovation organization, Johnson & Johnson Innovation (JJI) has established Innovation Centers (ICs) in Cambridge/Boston, London, California, and Shanghai (www.jnjinnovation.com). The ICs constitute a platform from which Johnson & Johnson identifies, catalyzes, contributes to, and accesses the most promising medical innovations at the leading life sciences companies and universities across the globe. J&J’s goal is to build a pipeline of innovative products that will benefit patients and will augment long-term corporate growth. Operating within major hubs of innovation allows J&J the opportunity to access technologies earlier and to help translate them into products for patients by contributing financial, intellectual, and human capital. The leading diversified healthcare company in the world, J&J seeks external innovation across a broad range of sectors, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, consumer healthcare, diagnostics, and digital health.
The Senior Director, Transactions will join the Transactions team in Boston reporting to the VP of Transactions, and be part of the Johnson & Johnson Innovation Center. As a member of the transactions team, the candidate’s main responsibility is to lead the end-to-end transaction process, deliver timely and highest quality transaction support, structure and negotiate collaboration and license agreements, and drive the internal approval process – with the ultimately goal of on-boarding transformational innovation into J&J’s three business sectors.
The candidate will collaborate closely with members from the scientific, finance, legal and venture capital teams to evaluate external opportunities, manage the due diligence process, develop business cases, and ensure close alignment with internal stakeholders across businesses and therapeutic areas to secure new opportunities in line with the strategy.
The candidate will also be involved in developing close relationships with external sources of innovation including entrepreneurs, academics, KOLs, biotech companies and VCs.
- Bachelor's degree is required with an advanced degree preferred, (MBA, PhD).
- A minimum of 10 years work experience with previous work experience in the field of biopharmaceuticals is required; this work experience can have been acquired through work directly in a biopharmaceutical company (whether large or small) or through work experience in venture investing, management consulting, or investment banking.
- Demonstrated experience with all phases of business development and license transactions from the healthcare industry is required (please include deal sheet in application).
- Ability to work with senior management across a matrix organization is required
- Familiarity with biopharma research collaboration and license negotiations is preferred.
- Passion for healthcare innovation and team work, Self-motivation and ability to work independently must be demonstrated.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to influence processes (internally and externally) must be demonstrated.
- Combination of scientific and business background is preferred
- Existing network of life science innovators in Eastern North America is preferred.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial company environment or culture is preferred.
- This position is based in Cambridge/Boston, MA, and requires willingness to travel (including internationally) up to 30% of the time.
J&J Innovation LLC (6205)