Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist in Discovery Immunology, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
The Senior Scientist role requires an individual with a strong scientific background in the field of Immunology, Pharmacology or a related biological science. The primary responsibilities of this role will be to actively engage in early discovery efforts, to validate the biology of novel targets, and to develop and implement cell-based assay that support screening of potential drug candidates. Emphasis is placed on the development and execution of in vivo experimental approaches to address pharmacological and biological hypothesis and advance drug candidates. The Senior Scientist will be part of a broader team focused on immune mechanisms and pathways that drive the pathogenesis of Autoimmune and Inflammatory Diseases within the Immunology Discovery group. This individual will provide scientific leadership to research associates within the broader team and interface with internal and external partners to enable the discovery of novel therapeutics.
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ability to take ownership of areas of biology and working independently to design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps to deliver on project goals and timelines.
- People management including coaching, mentoring and developing junior scientists to enhance performance and scientific growth.
- Collaboratively working in a matrix environment, where ideas and science can be respectfully challenged to drive excellence and innovation. Contribute to building a culture of scientific excellence, urgency to continuously learn and stay on the leading-edge of immunology.
- Work to grow the immunology discovery group’s reputations by both publishing research in high-tier journals and presenting at external meetings.
- PhD in Immunology, Pharmacology or related biological science with at least 2 years of pharmaceutical industry; Post-doctoral training is preferred with a strong track record of publications in well-known Immunology journals.
- Demonstrated success as an in vivo pharmacologist/scientist, with a proven track record of good experimental design, in-depth data analysis and interpretation on strong scientific rationale and understanding of pharmacological concepts (efficacy, PK/PD relationships). An ability to design in vivo studies and to train team members on in vivo techniques.
- Experience with ancillary in vitro and ex vivo assays to characterize PD or target engagement effects of experimental medicines and expertise and state of the art knowledge in various functional immunological assays, multiple color flow cytometry and molecular biology is required.
- Previous supervisory experience of PhD level and non-PhD-level scientists is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and leadership, and an ability to provide fit-for-purpose communication in the context of a multidisciplinary team are required.
- Work to grow immunology discovery group’s reputations by both publishing research in high-tier journals and presenting at external meetings.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)