Johnson & Johnson Careers
BIOMECHANICAL TESTING COOP
Requisition ID: 8304181127
DePuySynthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Biomechanical Test Co-Op in our Orthopaedic Test Lab in Warsaw, IN.
The Biomechanical Test group supports orthopaedic joint product development for all of DePuySynthes. This includes new product development, commercialized product development, made-to-order and compassionate care product development. Our lab consists of 50 servo-hydraulic and 5 electromechanical load frames that can perform static and fatigue testing of products and materials to assist development and support regulatory submissions for new/improved products.
The Biomechanical Test Engineering Co-op will:
- Utilize 3D modeling to develop prints for test fixturing
- Utilize laser etch equipment to mark fixturing with appropriate identification
- Assist with fixture storage database and management
- Perform static and fatigue loading tests on materials and orthopaedic components
- Analyze test data
- Prepare formal test reports
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing Mechanical, Electrical, or Biomedical Engineering degrees.
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time during the co-op rotation
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in 3D modeling, and data analysis within Matlab and Minitab is preferred.
- Candidates with academic and/or industrial clinical trial experience are strongly preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)