Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 8298180408
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist III based in Los Angeles, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
You, the Scientist III is primarily responsible for the coordination and execution of laboratory prioritization to support LAP business needs. You will work closely with business partners to coordinate laboratory prioritization to support business needs and KPIs. You will support Laboratory Management in the development, implementation and management of appropriate testing of the Quality Assurance Laboratories at Neutrogena's Los Angeles Plant. You will ensure the laboratory testing process is well defined, adheres to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), and meets all Neutrogena quality assurance requirements. You will ensure routine and non-routine testing is prioritized and performed appropriately.
You, the Scientist III will:
- Partner with business partners to monitor planning prioritization and coordinate lab prioritization to align with business needs.
- Assist in lab planning for all laboratories to ensure turnaround times are met as well as adherence to site planning deadlines.
- Routinely monitor KPI's and critical metrics for all laboratories.
- Support and Track LIR/Investigations to ensure robust technical writing and timely closure.
- Review, revise, and implement SOP's, QAOP's, and test methods related to the laboratories to maintain compliance with Neutrogena, JnJ, GXP and cGMPs expectations.
- Helps QA Lab Management to ensure development and regional alignment of 3 critical Laboratory pillars (Analyst Training, Instrument Qualification, and Laboratory Investigations).
- Support Laboratory KPIs by scheduling testing, review of data and communication of results to Laboratory Management.
- Facilitate support for Marketed Product Stability program by scheduling testing, stability pulls, review of data, and communication of results to the Marketed Product Stability administrator.
- Interact professionally across functions and levels, internally, externally, with contract laboratories, and service providers.
- Comply with Neutrogena's policies, procedures, and quality standards, as well as safety and environmental regulations.
- Provide scientific, routine and non-routine, technical support for test method transfers or transfer waivers.
- Ensure maintenance of laboratory reports, logbooks, notebooks and all documentation per GXPs, GDPs and cGMPs.
- Helps to ensure the laboratory is in audit-ready and in cGMP compliant state always.
- Maintain a safe and environmentally sound laboratory operation.
- Ensure appropriate qualification of analytical laboratory personnel. Train lab personnel in raw material and analytical lab procedures and update scientific training as necessary.
- Facilitate the qualification, implementation and management of appropriate testing of bulk products, finished products, and raw materials.
- Implement improvement opportunities for laboratory management, and monitor quality metrics to ensure compliant and timely completion of projects.
- May participate in local Quality Assurance teams.
- Utilize computer systems in analyses and inventory status management
- Support off-shift operations and training opportunities.
- Share responsibility for laboratory equipment maintenance, housekeeping and other laboratory support functions.
- Cross-train in other QA analytical areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related scientific degree from a four-year college or university is required.
- A Minimum 4 years’ experience in an FDA regulated industry is required.
- Broad-based experience or combination of experience, in application of LIMS systems in a consumer products or pharmaceutical laboratory environment is required.
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems and Chromatography systems is required.
- Knowledge of cGMPs, cGXPs, cGLPs and compliance is required.
- Broad technical knowledge of Computer System Validation (CSV) part 11 and regulations is required.
- Knowledge in analytical and instrumental chemistry is required.
- Good communications skills in both written, verbal, and oral is required.
- Technical writing skills, this ability to work in teamwork environment and time management skills are required.
- Experience performing routine and non-routine analytical test methods and basic USP technique testing is required.
- Broad based experience or combination of experience, in analytical testing, science knowledge and understanding of test equipment function is required.
- Experience in conducting and executing laboratory investigations is required.
- Must have tactical, regulatory, and business knowledge to drive the compliance improvement process is required.
- Solid influencing skills to drive process and technical improvements and he ability to drive change and innovation within functional area is required.
- This position will be located in Los Angeles, CA and may require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Los Angeles
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)