Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 8297190311
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting a Senior Statistician for the TMEDS group (Translational Medicine and Early Development Statistics) to be located in Spring House, PA. Travel up to 10% is required.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We thrive on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and a commitment to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The scope of the TMEDS group focuses on research conducted during the discovery, development and early clinical phase of drug development, before the compound advances to larger confirmatory clinical trials. This position is focused on providing statistical collaboration to projects in the discovery phase. The Senior Statistician’s primary responsibilities include collaborating with researchers on experimental design, data analysis, and the interpretation and clear communication of results. An in-depth knowledge of statistics, modeling, and statistical computing are essential to this role, as is the use of statistics in decision-making.
Individuals in this role will provide technical leadership to colleagues and senior leaders across the organization, and, over time, grow into leadership roles in process improvement, training, standards development, or an area of technical expertise. Leadership and/or participation in the authorship of presentations and publications and are also expected. The successful candidate must be constantly eager to expand their statistical, communications, and computing expertise. The Senior Statistician must also enjoy the process of building long-term collaborative relationships with research investigators, be at ease with either a non-rigid or rigid structure to projects, and be organized in handling numerous projects simultaneously.
A Master’s degree in Statistics or related Quantitative Sciences field and a minimum of 2 years’ experience OR a PhD in Statistics or related Quantitative Sciences field is required
- Proficiency in the use of statistical software R is essential
- Proficiency in SQL, Perl and bioinformatics software is preferred
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills is required
- Knowledge of both linear and non-linear models, multivariate analysis, and survival analysis is required
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects concurrently is required
- Experience with modern data analysis techniques such as data visualization and analysis of high-dimensional data with biomarker emphasis is preferred
- Experience developing web applications to perform analytics using tools such as Shiny, Python/Django or JavaScipt is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)