Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operational Excellence Manager
Requisition ID: 8287170817
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an OperationalExcellenceManager to be located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the team responsible for supporting the Value Streams from a continuous improvement perspective, and building 'LEAN/JJPS' capability for the site through coaching & mentoring.
This person will have responsibility for developing continuous improvement roadmaps for each of the Warsaw Value Streams and delivering on annual CIPs for the site.
This person will be responsible for the integration of the Johnson & Johnson Production System from the deployment phase into 'the way we run the business', and play a leading role in fostering a culture of continuous improvement and achieving sustainable high standards of manufacturing performance.
As the scope of the transformation program is Plant wide, you will collaborate with all functions and departments, at all levels, as well as other sites in the Joint Reconstruction business of DePuy Synthes.
The Operations Excellence Manager position will:
- Lead/Coordinate Value Stream Mapping activity for the site and across the network where multi-site manufacturing takes place, and the creation of 3-5-year Value Stream roadmaps.
- Ensure that a comprehensive pipeline of improvement activity exists and is being executed effectively in each V.S. Delivering on the Warsaw site CIP commitments.
- Ensure that each value stream is supported and embed the key CI systems in the Value Streams, for example 'Managing Site Performance, Kaizen, 5S.
- Ensure that the Opex methodology is utilized to drive sustainable manufacturing and business process improvements that optimize capacity, reduce lead-time, minimize inventories, maximize fill-rates, process flow, and productivity.
- Identify where CI Systems are required to optimize manufacturing or transactional processes, design and implement the solution ensuring System is designed for scalability and sustainability. Own & Champion several these key systems.
- Develop and lead the transformation of process layouts for manufacturing processes.
- Actively encourage, promote and facilitate implementation of creative solutions to ensure quality while delivering lower costs and shorter lead times.
- Ensure all transformation changes are conducted to the highest of standards in a safe, compliant, and effective manner.
- Integration of the JJPS from Program deployment into 'the way we do business'.
- Drive the JJPS philosophy across the business by supporting, mentoring and coaching employees in increasing their understanding and knowledge of Lean principles and techniques.
- Maximize the involvement of employees in process improvements.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A Master’s degree in relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Industrial, Production, etc.) is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of operations/manufacturing experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of operations excellence or related experience is required.
- Business Change Agent is required.
- Extensive knowledge and application of Lean principles, tools, and methodologies is required.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills (3-5 years’ experience leading teams) is required.
- Demonstrated skills in self-motivated, Innovative and Systems thinker, Effective problem solving abilities, Facilitation skills to drive group participation and handle conflicts, Effective presentation and communication abilities, Flexible approach to work, Process focused and results driven.
- Supervisory management qualification is preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to train/coach/mentor people through Opex/Lean DMAIC methodology is required
- Demonstrated track record of successful leadership of complex, multi-faceted projects are preferred.
- Ability to motivate and inspire teams; leading by example is required.
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of trust and performance during a period of transformational change is required.
- Working knowledge of Premier Manufacturing & Lean Manufacturing is required.
- Working knowledge of a regulated industry is required.
- This position is located in Warsaw, IN and will require up to 10% of travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)