Ethicon is recruiting for an Engineering Manager, located in Somerville, NJ
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies including sutures, skin adhesives, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
- Lead an engineering team of direct reports to deliver critical lifecycle projects for the Wound Closure and Repair portfolio.
- Be accountable for the management of the critical raw material project portfolio within the LCM governance process.
- Communication to senior leadership including portfolio reviews, project performance, business risks, and mitigations.
- Lead efforts to ensure quality, delivery, and reduce costs for improved product performance and business results.
- Lead cross-functional team in executing project objectives and product development according to a written, approved performance agreement.
- Work with partner groups to gain alignment and support to achieve project objectives.
- Capture and disseminate knowledge acquired during projects to improve product development processes and systems.
- Build strong cross-functional teams, providing feedback and mentoring to team members.
- Ensure that domestic and global market strategy, assumptions, business opportunities are measured and periodically reviewed throughout duration of project execution.
- Develop and execute comprehensive project plans to efficiently deliver business results.
- Provide direct communication to management on progress, opportunities and issues.
- Negotiate resources from functional organizations, support groups and outside sources to ensure project success.
- BA/BS in engineering, science, or related technical field required.
- MS/MSE, MBA, or advanced technical degree is desired.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 8 years of medical device or pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
- Experience in medical device or pharmaceutical manufacturing operations desired.
- Experience in the new product development, design control, and product life cycle management is desired.
- Proven record of accomplishment: direct association with or leading efforts to develop technically complex products from concept to market is preferred.
- Experience in process engineering is highly desired.
- Experience leading teams and developing direct reports is helpful.
PMP, CQE, CSCP, or other meaningful professional certifications are desired.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
Ethicon Inc. (6045)