Johnson & Johnson Careers
A&AE NPD QUALITY ENGINEERING COOP
Requisition ID: 8272181127
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DePuy Synthes Mitek Sports Medicine, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Quality Engineering Co-Op located in Raynham, Massachusetts. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Access and Advanced Energy New Product Development Quality Engineering Co-Op:
- Will have the opportunity to use state of the art tools, observe world class surgeons in DePuy Synthes training facility, and take advantage of on-site training courses.
- Will work in a cross-functional group (QA/MFG/R&D/MKT) supporting electro-mechanical systems and their respective disposables (such as tube sets, powered blades and burrs, powered hand pieces, visualization equipment, cameras, etc.).
- Will work with senior level engineers supporting various product development activities that may include instrument and test fixture design, performing product testing and writing testing reports, creating and managing design control documentation, performing failure mode analysis, etc.
- Will have an independent project that contributes to the overall Mitek Access and Advanced Energy team.
- Will have a chance to work with surgeons in a cadaveric setting assessing device performance and obtaining surgeon feedback.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing engineering.
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time (40 hours/week).
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in statistical tools are highly desirable.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- This position is located in Raynham, MA. Students must be able to provide their own transportation since this location is not within walking distance from the train station.
- Only students who have completed their sophomore year or above will be considered.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)