Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineering Manager -Ethicon-Texas
San Angelo, Texas
Requisition ID: 8258180102
Ethicon, Inc. a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for an Engineering Manager located in San Angelo, TX.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan and direct overall engineering activities for area engineering team.
• Coordinate the creation, development, design and improvement of corporate products in conformance with established programs and objectives.
• Provide engineering advice and assistance to other departments.
• Provide effective management of subordinates to achieve desired results.
• Utilize excellent communication, motivation, team building, employee involvement, diplomacy and delegating skills.
• Coordinate cross functional teams to drive business and organizational results.
• Set business metrics for the team and provide performance feedback to employees.
• Plan, schedule, conduct and manage various engineering projects, ensuring all projects adhere to acceptable engineering practices and compliance regulations, are appropriately staffed, and are run within budget.
• Assist with troubleshooting problems, discrepancies and investigations of nonconformance. Develop standard operating procedures.
• Provide engineering expertise and maintain a high level of competency and business development acumen.
• Have Technical/Engineering (25%) responsibilities as well as Management/Leadership (75%) of a defined group of Technical Associates and will provide day-to-day tactical guidance to group.
• Coordinate continuous improvement, equipment reliability and productivity improvement activities in a matrix organization.
• Identify resource gaps and help resolve issues across the plant.
• Convert data to actionable projects to produce results to improve process performance.
• Prepare/review capital and expense forecasts and address variance issues.
• Receive strategic guidance from Plant Engineering Manager and Business Unit Manager and keep management well informed of all major problems, improvement activities and potential barriers.
• Perform Engineering/Operation functions and manage projects of own as well as mentor others on active projects.
• Develop staff (salary and wage), discuss, set and document goals and measure performance as part of the review process.
• Act as mentor to associates in group and other engineers in the plant.
• Interface directly with Business Unit Manager/Staff Manager to ensure that manufacturing operations and projects receive superior technical support.
• Interface with other San Angelo and external functional groups to ensure that the facility’s goals and requirements are met.
• Maintain signature authority for Quality Systems (i.e. CAPA, NCR, etc.).
• Comply with all environmental, safety and occupational health policies. (i.e., ISO14001 & OSHAS18001)
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline is required.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of overall professional experience working in a manufacturing/design engineering function is required.
• Experience with people management / leadership is required.
• Experience with one or more of the following is required: Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Vision Systems, Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM), Robotics.
• Knowledge of FDA, ISO and GMP regulatory requirements required.
• The ability to make effective management level presentations and write formal reports dealing with both technical and business implications is required.
• The ability to collaborate with direct reports and all levels of management in a cross-functional team environment is required.
• The San Angelo Plant is a 24/7 operation; The ability to work overtime, off-shift hours and some holidays as needed by business is required.
• This position is located in San Angelo, TX and may require up to 10% travel internationally and/or domestically.
• Experience/knowledge in the Maintenance and Reliability of Automated Equipment is preferred
• Ethylene Oxide Sterilization knowledge and/or experience is preferred.
• Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of Operational Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) is preferred.
• Experience with high speed automation assembly equipment is preferred
• Knowledge of statistical data analysis tools (e.g. Minitab) preferred.
• Knowledge of BSI (European) regulatory requirements preferred.
• Knowledge of Process Excellence/Six Sigma tools and methodologies preferred.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
• Process Excellence/Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt) Certification is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Texas-San Angelo
Ethicon Inc. (6045)