Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Engineer, NPI (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 8250181127
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for two Manufacturing Engineers to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- Support development and implementation of advanced manufacturing technologies to deliver new product introductions, site capacity expansion, and transformational projects within the Raynham manufacturing plant.
- Support design for manufacturability of new product introduction projects from concept through end-to-end process qualification
- Effectively team and partner with other functional groups as your projects go from concept to qualification
- Responsible for completing engineering tasks in support of an overall project plan
- Document and execute equipment and process validations (IQ, OQ, PQ) on various types of manufacturing equipment and end-of-line processes
- Creation of manufacturing work instructions
- Interface with customers on technical issues, project timeline, and validation support
- Ensure compliance with all FDA, ISO, quality, safety and environmental regulations.
- Complete development and validation activities for manufacturing processes.
- Assist in manufacturing process risk-assessment to guide efficient and prudent validation planning and execution
- Support various Business Systems Initiatives designed to standardize capital reporting and talent development procedures throughout the DePuy Synthes cluster of manufacturing sites.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience is required (Co-op, internship, etc. experience may be counted).
- Hands on experience with machining processes, metal finishing processes, laser processing or production automation is preferred.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is preferred.
- Experience supporting process validations is required.
- Experience in a Medical Device and/or regulated work environment is preferred.
- Strong technical writing skills required
- Project management experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis tools (e.g. Minitab) preferred.
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Must have the ability to function in a team-based manufacturing environment.
- Collaboration with all levels of management in a cross-functional team environment is required.
- This position will be based in Raynham, MA and may require up to 10% travel domestically and internationally.
If you want to explore the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, bid on this position today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)