Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Material Handler - Material Services (1 of 3)
Materials Management & Distribution
Requisition ID: 8236180406
DePuy Synthes Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Material Handler - Material Services located in Monument, CO.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device & Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
Material Services employees will perform clerical and operational tasks within the Material Services area which includes the Shipping/ Receiving, Credit Returns, Reprocessing and Transportation departments. This position will have primary responsibilities in one of the above departments but will also be involved in the execution of tasks in all other areas depending on daily business needs.
- Reprocessing Functions
- Open courier shipments and stage product for cleaning.
- Use JD Edwards to generate RA Slip Header
- Use JD Edwards to "bump" header through to Cleaning operation.
- Perform required cleaning.
- Create RA detail.
- Inspect to appropriate inspection sheet.
- Marking of device using equipment provided.
- Packaging / Labelling and Final Inspection of completed product and paperwork.
- Deliver and retrieve product from DHR stations.
- Credit Returns Functions
- Receives, inspects and dispositions medical returned products for credit. Achieves this through regular interface with Customer Service and Sales personnel from Paoli.
- Receives returned products, open incoming shipments, prepares them for processing and stores appropriately.
- Completes appropriate paperwork according to Work Instruction.
- Visually and, as needed, mechanically checks condition of returned product and processes return.
- Determines disposition of product in regard to whether it is to be scrapped or put back into salable inventory.
- Completes necessary paperwork and delivers to appropriate destination.
- Maintains current historical files for tracking and research purposes.
- Shipping / Receiving Functions
- Receive purchased materials from carriers. Count and verify material from suppliers, and check for damage.
- Unpack shipping containers, remove trash and prepare for the next operations.
- Distribute materials to appropriate area.
- Expedites distribution on priority deliveries.
- Responsible and accountable for data entry in the JD Edwards system. Responsible for correcting all data entry errors reconciliation any troubleshooting necessary.
- Responsible for resolving receiving discrepancies with appropriate buyer or department.
- Responsible for safe handling of product and equipment.
- Maintain housekeeping standards at all times for a clean, conducive work environment.
- Performs other special projects or related duties as required. Helps out in other areas of the warehouse as needed.
- Keep Supervisor informed of personal issues/problems that arise, any non-routine occurrences during the Supervisors absence, all work related injuries or safety issues/ concerns.
- Perform special projects or other duties as required.
- Work in cross-trained areas, and any additional responsibilities assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Responsible to comply with FDA standards ensuring applicable Work Instruction accurately reflect daily activities
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor, Compliance or Sr Staff.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be certified (or willing to obtain certification through Depuy Synthes) for Forklift operation and Electric pallet jack operation.
- Working knowledge of Windows and MS Office programs (email, Word and Excel) is preferred.
- Knowledge of the JD Edwards system is preferred.
- Good math skills and a high level of accuracy / attention to details are required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Willing to attend any and all additional training necessary to be proficient in the execution of daily responsibilities.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to meet minimum personal vehicle insurance requirements and be able to show proof annually.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Up to 10% travel, domestic and international is required.
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)
Materials Management & Distribution