Clinical Specialist – Houston/Austin/San Antonio - NeuWave Medical
NeuWave Medical, a division of Ethicon, LLC and a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Clinical Specialist for Houston/Austin/San Antonio.
NeuWave Medical®, founded by physicians and scientists, created the first intelligent ablation system and the only system that has it all. The versatile probe portfolio with multi-probe synchronized energy delivery allows physicians to tailor ablations. In addition, the 17 gauge Precision™ PR probe is the only probe available with distal energy control. The unique computer controlled system now includes Ablation Confirmation™ software, offering the only integrated in-procedure confirmation to evaluate the technical success of your procedure.
If you want to work with a dynamic team in a fast-paced, challenging and highly collaborative environment focused on delivering market-leading innovations worldwide, we invite you to learn more about the NeuWave Team and our Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Our therapies touch the lives of millions of patients every year and our robust and innovative pipeline continues to deliver on the promise of impacting even more patient lives. Be part of a growing organization that is focused on providing exciting opportunities for employees to expand their knowledge, skills and experience to help ensure continued career growth and development. Our commitment to developing our leaders is unwavering. Our investment in people, technology, and innovation make us one of the best places to work within one of the most admired corporations in the world.
· The Clinical Specialist reports to the Divisional Sales Manager (DSM) and is responsible for providing a high level of clinical and product expertise and customer service to customers.
· Develops and maintains strong relationships with new and existing customers and performs account development activities creating competent, confident clinical champions to drive the utilization of NeuWave systems and probes.
· In-case procedural support, serving as a technical consultant and providing education focused on creating competence to gain clinical support and confidence of physicians and clinical staff.
· Identifies and acts on educational opportunities, provides exceptional customer service and technically complex case support.
· While acting as a liaison between customers and corporate office for any cases needing peer review, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of any complaints or technical issues.
· Regular Interaction and communication with peers to ensure strategic partnership and approach to meet account development objectives.
· Must develop and maintain expert level knowledge on commercially available NeuWave products. Ability to deliver fellow/physician education programs.
· Develop professional education events tailored to each market with deep understanding of tools and resources available
· Complies with and maintains an active and ongoing commitment to compliance with all company policies and applicable federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to HIPPA, Sunshine Act and the NeuWave Guidelines on Interaction with US Healthcare Professionals.