Johnson & Johnson Careers
Clinical Education Specialist
Requisition ID: 8221181127
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies is recruiting for a Clinical Education Specialist to be located remotely anywhere in the United States.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopedics, neurovascular, surgery, vision care, diagnostics, diabetes care, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, sports medicine, and aesthetics. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (MD) is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson MD is currently $21 billion in Worldwide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
The Clinical Education Specialist (CES) is responsible for the strategic design, preparation and execution of hands-on training experiences for Professional Education under North America Global Education Solutions. The Clinical Education Specialist also collaborate and align priorities to support Professional Education, R&D, Marketing, Sales Education Grants, and Meetings and Conventions to develop customized hands-on educational experiences that meet the goals and needs of multiple business partners. The CES partners with colleagues to effectively teach and train on the safe and efficacious use of Johnson & Johnson products in a lab setting to external Healthcare Professional customers. They serve as the subject matter expert on anatomy, language of medicine, clinical procedures, disease states and all Johnson & Johnson technologies. They need to handle priorities and timelines well and be comfortable in a dynamic environment. They ensure compliance to all legal, regulatory and HCC policies to include; IACUC, AAALAC, Advamed, Pharma, ACCME, AATB and other global legal and regulatory bodies. The Clinical Education Specialist ensure all field based programs are compliant with J&J guidelines through thorough formal on-site assessment of field based sites.
- Policies: Know and follow policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility.
- Training: Complete training in area of responsibility within allowed time period. Training is required for changes in existing policies & procedures, for new assignments & for implementation of new policies & procedures. Complete required periodic re-training in areas such as safety & environmental compliance.
- Successful completion of designated primary sales training.
- Successful completion of Clinical Education training evaluations.
- Safety: Follow all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area. Promote safety to all associates that enter work area. Follow Health Care Compliance guidelines as well as follow operating room training and safety standards (Bloodborne pathogens training, etc.).
- Product, Clinical, and Disease State Knowledge: Deep understanding of the safe and efficacious use of Johnson & Johnson Products. All-encompassing understanding of surgical procedures across several specialties, applicable disease states and appropriate product application. Ability to teach and translate that knowledge into comprehensible education for different audiences.
- Training: Strong communication skills and the ability to train, mentor and coach new associates in human and animal anatomy, medical language, and the procedure steps and appropriate product application in surgical procedures across many specialties. Demonstrate proven presentation skills to perform product in-services on animate, inanimate, cadaveric and other simulated models.
- Program Development & Execution: Perform as the subject matter expert to the Johnson & Johnson business in Clinical Education, advising on appropriate models to meet learning objectives, hands-on education development and execution, and other clinical needs. Lead priorities effectively, acting with speed, flexibility and accountability to achieve goals.
- Partnerships: Strong capacity to interact, dialogue and educate all levels of both internal and external customers in the Johnson & Johnson Institutes and in the field. Collaborate with many different departments, business partners of all levels, building effective solutions to drive the education business plan. Build and handle relationships with all business partners and facilitate key strategic relationships with facilities and third party vendors.
- Business Insight: In-depth understanding of the Johnson & Johnson business, organizations and processes. Translate business requirements into Clinical Education strategy and plans.
- Customer Insights: Acquire and translate customer insights to the broader organization as it relates to unmet needs and future educational and product offerings.
- Market and Industry Knowledge: Understand and apply market, industry, competitor, and health care compliance, legal, and regulatory knowledge. Understands the external marketplace including competitor offerings and strategy, changing business partners, and applies knowledge to craft Clinical Education offerings.
- Project Management: Lead Clinical Education projects through application of customer insights and tactical planning to develop and implement new education modalities. Contribute to creative and viable products, service and/or solutions adding value. Develop measurable project plans with clear objectives, metrics, resource requirements, and deliverables.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum 6 years of experience in a business environment, preferably in Marketing, Global Education Solutions, Clinical Education and/or Sales Learning, Development Healthcare Industry, or Clinical Setting
- Must be comfortable handling anatomic tissue
- Previous knowledge of the General/Thoracic Surgery Experience preferred
- Experience working within an operating room preferred
- Healthcare Professional facing experience preferred
- Previous education and/or training experience required
- Experience in complex scheduling and execution of projects/events required
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Big picture thinking with attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking
- Extensive product & procedure knowledge, use and applications
- Ability to utilize and learn new technology and applications
- Project leadership experience
- Overnight travel may be required up to 70%.
- Requires air travel on routine basis
- Office deskwork, requiring sitting, walking, using phone, computer, and iPad
- Work in a laboratory setting, including ability to stand in one place for up to 4 hours and work up to 8 hours without sitting
- Occasional carrying, pulling or pushing up to 45 pounds
- May require access to provide home office
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)