Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Manager, Data Management Payer/Provider
Titusville, New Jersey; Horsham, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 8221180406
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is recruiting for a Senior Manager Data Management Payer/Provider, to be preferably located in Titusville, NJ but open to considering Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular/Metabolic, Mental Health, Infectious Disease, Immunology and Oncology. Please visit http://www.janssen.com/us/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager, Data Management Payer/Provider will act as the primary data steward for functional area(s) supporting/related to Payer/Provider landscape within Janssen Pharm, and a key point supporting data strategy and execution for Janssen’s commercial organization. This resource will provide data management support to help the organization manage the evolving and changing reimbursement environment to include Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid information. Supporting insights from payers (MCOs, PBMs, Employer Groups, IDNs, Medicare, Medicaid) and other Managed care organizations.
• Manage the current inventory of data, along with appropriate data infrastructure (i.e Payer master MDM) ensuring total quality and appropriate use across the organization.
• Evaluate potential new data sources/vendors to provide latest available insights.
• Governs all business rules, and owns the process to consider and align on changes and enhancements, and provides regular communications regarding status of data quality and impact of market events to the organization.
• Act as a key source of data expertise within Janssen and the Commercial Excellence group, the Senior Manager will support ad hoc, data-centric business questions, and will partner with IT and business partners to proactively resolve data issues and support large, complex data initiatives.
• Along with the Director, Data Management, the Senior Manager is responsible for data acquisition and contracting, and ensuring ongoing Janssen value for its data-related investments.
• Manage the ongoing quality and application of Janssen data pipeline supporting the organization, ensuring high-quality data and appropriate use.
• Actively monitor data quality and resolve data-related issues and disruptions.
• Manage organization’s Payer master (MDM) with industry best business rules for accurate and complete data.
• Act as “go to” key contact within the Commercial Excellence organization for data related needs, queries and issues.
• Manage data-centric projects to resolution, through strategic planning, resource management, execution, and communication (e.g. data onboarding, data changes).
• Perform impact analysis of data events/changes on various commercial operations processes and engage business process owners to align on the action plan.
• Maintain inventory of purchased data, and organizational awareness of application.
• Participate in the evaluation of new data sources to determine fit within overall Janssen data strategy.
• Negotiate data purchases as needed.
• Advise business teams on best data sources to leverage for a given business question or insight.
• Provide expertise on data capture and sampling methodologies on sub-national pharmaceutical sales data.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
• MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of professional business experience in the pharmaceutical analytic operations space is required.
• Minimum of one (1) year of people management experience is preferred.
• Current or previous experience within the pharmaceutical, medical device, or healthcare field is preferred.
• Deep experience in payor-themed data sources and data management best practices (e.g. payer MDM) that enable the full range of analytical applications is required.
• Knowledge of existing and emerging data sources and data vendors in Pharma Commercial domain, including IMS/IQVIA, SHS, SPP, formulary, patient claims, RWE/HEOR, IDN/ACO Affiliations, etc. is required.
• Current or previous experience in working with claims data, Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid data sources is required.
• Knowledge of data governance best practices, and strong understanding of data lifecycle, data quality, metadata and data management is required.
• Strong analytical toolkit, including modern business intelligence tools and infrastructure that allow for effective management of large data, as is proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Word is required.
• Proven results as a project manager in major, cross-functional technology projects required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving ability, and business and data analysis with focus on pharmaceutical payor and access issues in multiple therapeutic areas is required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, including ability to simplify complex technical issues.
• Customer focus with building relationships, issue identification and resolution, problem-solving and project management skills is required.
• This position will preferably be located in Titusville, NJ but open to considering Horsham, PA and will require up to 10% domestic travel.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)