Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Antibody Engineering located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Scientist position is a laboratory leadership position within the Biologics Discovery team. The successful candidate will drive biologics discovery in partnership with different therapeutic areas (TA) including oncology, immunology, metabolic diseases, neurology and infectious diseases. This Scientist will interact with other functional areas to provide molecular design and assays for immunotherapeutics. The responsibilities also include therapeutic portfolio project leadership and cutting-edge molecular biology technology development. The scope of this position encompasses:
- Designing & building vectors to support multi-specific immunotherapeutics
- Selecting, designing and optimizing domain-modules/scFv/Fab from antibodies for multi-specific immunotherapeutics.
- Help advance lead molecules into clinic by providing functional support to various discovery programs in the area of therapeutic lead selection, humanization, optimization, and format development.
- Leading portfolio project(s) from idea through IND-readiness in partnership with therapeutic area leadership
- Executing molecular biology, such as in silico sequence fitness assessments, PCR-based cloning, construct design, library and/or site-directed mutagenesis for the much of the biologics portfolio
- Developing high-sensitivity, high-throughput assays (protein and/or cell-based) for antibody and other therapeutics to select leads with excellent biophysical and manufacturing properties with reduced immunogenic potential
- Presenting and defending scientific findings in cross-functional project teams/initiatives, drafts protocols and reports
- Master’s Degree or PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, chemical and biomolecular engineering, immunology or a related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of experience is preferred
- Evidence of material scientific accomplishments such as a peer-reviewed publication and/or patents is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Molecular Biology techniques is required
- Understanding of high-throughput construct design, restriction-free and restriction-based cloning is preferred
- Discovery of antibody-based biotherapeutics in an industry or academic setting is preferred
- Leading a project to completion or championing a technology initiative is preferred
- Hands-on experience with multi-specific immunotherapeutic engineering and profiling is preferred
- Hands-on experience with display & library technologies for discovery and/or optimization is preferred
- Hands-on work experience in antibody engineering, affinity optimization with strong understanding of protein structure-function relationships is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)