Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, DMPK In Vitro ADME
Requisition ID: 8209190222
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist - In Vitro ADME, located in San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
The successful candidate will support drug discovery and early development efforts as a member of the DMPK team. The primary responsibility of candidate will be to conduct mechanistic in vitro studies to explore and establish novel platforms in emerging areas of science to improve predictability in non-clinical and clinical outcomes (e.g. clearance, drug-drug interactions, and safety) to introduce into our ADME toolbox. In addition, the candidate will address specific ADME issues for discovery programs through use of customized in vitro assays. This will involve use of established and novel sub-cellular and cell-based systems (e.g. microsomes, hepatocytes, cell lines, long term co-culture models) and analysis primarily through LC/MS detection. Additional responsibilities will include contributing to global strategy of in vitro mechanistic ADME support and serving as a project team representative responsible for implementing ADME strategy to support discovery programs.
- The successful candidate will have a M.S. with 10 years or a PhD with 0-3 years of relevant industry experience utilizing ADME-related in vitro models required.
- The candidate must possess a strong LC-MS background and be familiar with software packages (Analyst, Discovery Quant, XCalibur) used to support data analysis required.
- Practical experience with cell-based systems is a requirement.
- Familiarly with such systems as long-term co-culture hepatocyte models (e.g. Hurel, Hepatopac) and techniques as hepatocyte relay are considered a plus.
- In addition, the candidate must have a strong understanding of DMPK principles and their application to drug discovery and early development phase is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral/written communication and teamwork skills are required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)