Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) Specialist
Requisition ID: 8204180405
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Senior Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) Specialist to be located in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Under the direction of the Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager, the Senior EHS&S Specialist will plan and execute projects and programs in support of EHS&S compliance at the DePuy Synthes West Chester, PA site. This role will be responsible for ensuring the assigned EHS&S programs are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS&S regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS&S Standards. This role will have a strong focus on Environmental compliance and sustainability to include maintenance of the site’s ISO 14001 certification.
- This position will work closely with various internal stakeholders and external agencies such as PA DEP and EPA.
- Internal: DePuy Synthes Operations, Quality, Facilities, Maintenance and Engineering and various J&J partners.
- External: Regulators and 3rd party consultants or assessors.
- Develop and implement operational procedures to ensure compliance with environmental regulatory and corporate standards.
- Maintain West Chester campus EHS&S operational aspects and impacts.
- Partner with local management to develop and implement a site environmental CAPA Action Plan to address EHS&S program deficiencies and ensure EHS&S regulatory compliance.
- Compile and report monthly, quarterly, and annual EHS&S metrics.
- Prepare and submit environmental compliance reports to local, state, and federal agencies.
- Develop and provide training to associates and partners in the general areas EHS&S, ISO 14001, and environmental sustainability.
- Perform routine EHS&S assessments when necessary.
- Prepare audit reports/corrective action plans and collaborate with key stakeholders to implement corrective measures.
- Over-site of the waste management program to ensure waste materials are appropriately stored, shipped, tracked, and disposed or recycled in compliance with all applicable regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Develop EHS&S objectives for the assigned programs - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
- Support and facilitate site EHS&S committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS&S programs.
- Collaborate with other functions to manage EHS&S aspects of external manufacturers, suppliers and contractor programs where necessary.
- Perform Risk Assessments and develop Control and Action plans for the identified hazards and risks.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or other Technical Field is required.
- A minimum of 5+ years of EHS experience is required
- Experience in monitoring and maintaining general EHS&S programs required
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS&S hazards in the workplace.
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania DEP and EPA requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 requirements
- Classroom instructor skills are required
- CHMM preferred
- Experience in an FDA regulated/GMP environment preferred
- Experience in interfacing with associates and local, state and federal inspectors is highly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills in generate all required reports & record keeping systems in highly preferred.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS&S hazards in the workplace
- Ability to quickly interpret regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS&S functions.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Health & Safety