Johnson & Johnson Careers
Primary Service Process Development Engineer (Capital Service)
Requisition ID: 8177180802
Ethicon business a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is
currently recruiting for a Primary Engineer supporting the OneMD North American
Service Center located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies: Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, and Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. based in Cincinnati, Ohio. The OneMD North American Service Center performs Service and Repair on Capital Equipment for multiple Operating Companies within the Johnson & Johnson Medical Device and Diagnostics Business Sector.
This Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership around the development and implementation of service and repair processes for capital equipment; and ensuring that cost, performance, and customer satisfaction goals are achieved.
- Work with R&D and Manufacturing to identify service requirements for new products, drive product serviceability, and deliver cost-effective service operations.
- Develop service training, service manuals, and other required documentation to support the service business.
- Provide technical support to customers and worldwide service centers.
- Support the validation of authorized service centers.
- Monitor service performance, analyze results, recommend product improvements, and implement service process improvements. Implement programs to achieve customer satisfaction objectives.
- Apply comprehensive & diverse knowledge of engineering principles and statistical techniques to improve processes.
- Co-ordinate activities with internal & external customers.
- Plan, conduct & direct engineering assignments to completion.
- May co-ordinate, direct activities of other technical support staff & be responsible for their assignments.
- Follow all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area. Promote safety to all associates that enter work area
- Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required
- A minimum of 2 year of experience in Service Engineering/business required
- A Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering is preferred.
- Experience with Design for Serviceability throughout New Product Development process is preferred.
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred.
- Experience with Process Development, and Validation of Manufacturing/Assembly Processes preferred
- Experience with outside vendors and suppliers is preferred.
- Experience solving technical manufacturing issues is preferred.
- Six Sigma Certification is a plus
- Field Service experience is a plus.
- Robotics experience is a plus.
- Assembly equipment Design Experience is a plus.
- Good communication and partnering skills are required.
- Ability to work independently, with only occasional guidance is required.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment is required.
- Strong time management skills are required.
- The ability to make effective presentations, write formal reports concerning both technical and business issues, and prepare project plans is required.
- Negotiating/Influencing skills are required.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma or Process Improvement methodologies, or Lean Manufacturing Principals is preferred.
- Knowledge of Project Management Tools is preferred.
- Knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) & ISO 9000 is a plus.
- This position is based in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 20% travel domestically and internationally
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)