Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Cellular Immunology (1 of 3 positions)
Requisition ID: 8177180727
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Senior Associate Scientist, Cellular Immunology within the Infectious Diseases Early Discovery team, to be located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking an energetic, team-oriented, highly organized Senior Associate Scientist, Cellular Immunology experienced in working with mice and/or and preparation of tissue/blood samples for analysis of immune function who can work with limited supervision and can adapt to dynamic needs of the group. As a Senior Associate Scientist within the
Immunology/Biology group you will:
- Support drug discovery efforts for immune modulatory agents in murine models of disease working closely with project teams and in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Perform in vivo studies, tissue and primary cell sample preparation (mouse and human)
- Provide support for novel ex vivo assay design/development and analysis using ELISPOT, flow cytometry and/or multiplex assays to evaluate the immune response
- Assist in documentation and organization of data, generation of technical reports and presentation of findings to project teams
- Ensure seamless execution of work flows by: tracking animal/supply orders, making recommendations to improve procedures and protocols, making sure equipment is in working order, maintaining accurate records of all data and procedures
- M.S. with 6 years of experience or B.S./B.A. with 9 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties is required
- Immunology experience is required
- Extensive experience working with mice to support in vivo studies including: proper handling techniques, tissue/PBMC collection and preparation for immune cell phenotyping/functional studies is required
- Experience in set up and analysis of assays to measure cellular immune function such as ELISPOT, cytotoxicity, proliferation, antigen-specific stimulation or MLR is required. Flow cytometry experience is a plus
- Design/application of multiplex assays (MSD or Luminex) and ELISA using primary samples is required
- Experience with immune cell isolation/purification from PBMCs (human/mouse) and highly proficient in tissue culture of cell lines and/or primary immune cells is required
- Proficiency in data analysis and presentation tools and application to preparation and presentation of results is required
- Detail-oriented and able to work productively via collaborative interactions with project team members is required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and oral/written communication skills with ability to thrive in a goal driven team environment is required
United States-California-South San Francisco
Alios BioPharma, Inc. (6224)