DePuy Synthes is recruiting a Maintenance Specialists with availability for third shift, Monday through Friday for 11PM to 7AM.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Maintenance Specialist will:
• Perform maintenance as required on all mechanical and electrical components of all manufacturing and processing equipment.
• Perform maintenance on all auxiliary equipment, buildings, grounds, and vehicles as required.
• Repair and maintain all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and physical building.
• Perform work as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
• Set-up and operate machines to repair or fabricate new repair parts.
• Operate cutting and welding equipment.
• Unload, move, install equipment, and operate forklifts and company vehicles.
• Record maintenance work performed on equipment.
• Read, interpret and perform work based on blueprints and/or CAD drawings.
• Move material as requested and be responsible for the quality of work.
• Be responsible for the cleaning and basic maintenance of equipment, general housekeeping and 6S activities within their work areas.
• Perform the job in a safe and environmentally compliant manner by complying with all safety, regulatory and environmental rules, policies and procedures.
This position pays $35.27/hour and is under a Collective Bargaining Agreement in a union environment.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required.
- Must have broad knowledge of mechanical equipment, electricity, plumbing, carpentry, construction and grounds keeping as acquired through a 4-year accredited apprenticeship OR a minimum of 8 years of diversified experience in industrial maintenance.
- Experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment is required.
- Must have a balanced experience
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) is required.
- Vacuum furnace experience is highly preferred.
- Must have the following CNC experience: electrical, ladder logic, mechanical, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair.
- Must have a well-balanced mechanical and electrical background.
- The ability to utilize and apply to job responsibilities complex drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas, shop mathematics and a wide variety of precision measuring instruments is required.
- The ability to read, understand and apply relevant codes, including electrical codes and safety practices is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a forklift operator accreditation.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and apply processes, criteria and required procedures.
- The ability to occasionally lift boxes up to 50 lbs. is required.
- This position is subject to shift bumps. The selected candidate must be able and willing to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)