Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Assay Development located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Are you an exceptional Scientist with experience in High Throughput Assay Development? Are you looking to apply your expertise to design novel Biotherapeutics aimed at addressing the most difficult disease challenges? We at Janssen Biotherapeutics are looking for a highly motivated scientist to join our team committed to the bold mission of changing the future of medicine. As a member of the Biologics Discovery team, you will apply the latest high throughput technologies to screen and identify novel lead molecules for addressing unmet medical needs.
Excel at developing high throughput assays to analyze biological samples.
Extensive experience with biochemical assays (e.g. FRET, FACS, SPR, ELISA, Fluorescence)
Working knowledge with developing cell-based assays
Familiar with one or more recombinant expression technologies (e.g. microbial, mammalian, or cell-free)
Experience with display platforms is a plus
Effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary scientists, including communicating in a highly matrixed scientific environment
Ability to take on an integral role on project and functional teams to drive project advancement
Maintain accurate electronic laboratory notebooks and other records and writing of technical reports, summaries, protocols, and manuscripts.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biophysics or related field is required
- Experience with developing high-throughput assays is required.
- A minimum of 3 or more years of assay development experience is preferred
- Post-doctoral training is preferred
- Experience with protein engineering / peptide engineering / biological system engineering through display or high throughput screening is preferred.
- The successful candidate should have the ability to work independently and meet aggressive metric-driven timelines.
- Candidate must have good organization and excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate within multidisciplinary teams.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)