Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Cellular Immunology
Requisition ID: 8154180727
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Senior Scientist, Cellular Immunology within the Infectious Diseases Early Discovery team, to be located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking a highly motivated and productive Senior Scientist, Cellular Immunology with a background in cellular immunology to join our drug discovery efforts in immunotherapy approaches for treating infectious diseases. The ideal candidate will have experience in establishing murine models of disease and assessing the response to treatment with immune modulatory agents. In this role, the candidate will work with a high degree of autonomy to create and manage complex research plans that are data-driven, coordinate with project teams to accomplish study objectives, drive scientific discussions with colleagues and manage interactions with internal and external partners.
Within the Immunology/Biology group Senior Scientist will:
- Identify and establish murine models of chronic disease relevant to projects
- Design and conduct hypothesis-driven in vivo studies to evaluate immune function in response to immune modulatory agents and combination treatments
- Apply expertise to drive in vivo research projects for teams
- Develop data-driven research concepts and identify novel projects/solutions
- Identify potential areas for improvement in existing practices and propose recommendations
- Drive collaborative research interactions across teams
- Work productively as a team member as well as independently
- PhD in immunology with post-doctoral experience and 3+ years of industry experience is required
- Extensive experience working with in vivo studies in autoimmune, vaccine, tumor immunotherapy or chronic infection models to evaluate the immune response including: tissue collection/preparation and immune cell phenotyping/functional studies is required. Experience with in vivo imaging is desirable
- High proficiency in multiparameter flow cytometric analysis and application to evaluation of human and/or mouse immune profiling is required
- Experience in basic cellular immunology assays such as ELISPOT, cytotoxicity and/or proliferation is required
- Design/application of multiplex assays (MSD or Luminex) using primary samples is required
- Publication history and strong written and oral skills are required
- Proficiency in data analysis and presentation tools such as GraphPad Prism, Excel, FlowJo is required
United States-California-South San Francisco
Alios BioPharma, Inc. (6224)