Johnson & Johnson Careers
PRIMARY ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER, ROBOTICS/ ENDO MECHANICAL
Requisition ID: 8138190624
Ethicon is currently recruiting for (multiple positions) R&D Primary Electrical Design Engineer in our Surgical Robotics and Endomechanical franchises (multiple positions), located in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the J&J / Google robotics venture. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The R&D Primary Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for acting as an electrical / electro-mechanical experienced team member supporting and leading various assignments. This position you will lead the definition, design, development, implementation, and integration of the electrical aspects of key handheld and/or robotic surgical instruments.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is excited by building transformational surgical capabilities.
- You will be leading technical design and development across advanced sensing, communications, and system controls through applications of electrical / electro-mechanical technologies. This position holds accountability for our critical enabling technology programs and will work closely with our internal R&D teams and with external development partners.
- You will be a technical leader responsible for projects from conception through final execution, partnering with other core development teams including mechanical, biomedical, equipment/testing development, and clinical disciplines to integrate enabling technologies across a broad array of surgical solutions.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related science/ engineering degree is required.
- An Advanced Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years design-related experience is required.
- Experience in a regulated environment is highly preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work on tasks independently
- Experience designing, developing, and launching product in a regulated environment.
- Strong electrical design and analysis skills, including an understanding of electrical systems and subsystem interface to overall system design. This will include digital, analog, and mixed signal technologies. Knowledge of electronic manufacturing is also key to this role.
- Track record in R&D delivering solutions with complex system components and architecture is required.
- Ability to explain (both written and verbal) complex technical issues to quality engineers, marketers, and technical writers is required.
- Excellent collaboration and teaming skills to work with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to understand the considerations associated with Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design to Cost (DTC), and working with other team members and consultants to produce prototypes and optimize designs for manufacturability.
- Experience translating high-level customer needs into technical options and analyzing the tradeoffs and business impact.
- Experience with defining requirements, test acceptance criteria, developing test methods, and creating test protocols/reports is required. Building prototypes, products, and systems for testing, along with setting up and running laboratory simulations is preferred.
- Experience with leading design control activities and design history file implementation per FDA & CE mark standards for medical devices is preferred.
- Experience with capital equipment and disposable medical devices is preferred.
- Experience working with software, firmware, and hardware is preferred.
- Experience working with wireless communications is preferred.
- Experience working with schematics, layouts, and design analysis (OrCad, Cadence, PSpice, MATLAB) is preferred.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)