Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Requisition ID: 8127180404
Codman Neuro, a member of the Cardiac and Specialty Solutions Group within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer, located in Miami, FL.
Codman Neuro develops a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic products for the treatment of neurovascular and neurological disorders, focusing on hydrocephalus, neuro-critical care, tumors, pain management, severe spasticity, aneurysms and cerebral arteriovenous malformations.
The successful candidate will support the development of equipment and fixturing for NPD projects in the Neurovascular space. This includes, but not limited to, the design of equipment and fixtures used in the manufacturing of complex medical devices. Responsible for the complete design and documentation packages of complex electro-mechanical equipment.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Acts as part of the process development work stream for Codman project teams. Drives the development of technical solutions in support of medical device processes
- In conjunction with R&D and Product management engineers develops equipment solutions for the processing of micro-catheters, stent systems, embolic coils and other medical devices
- Acts as liaison to vendors in regard to sourcing, developing and timely completion of tooling, fixtures and advanced assembly equipment
- Working from schematics, sketches and verbal instructions develops proposals and concepts for the efficient and robust production of small dimensional medical devices
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience is required.
- Fixture and equipment design is required.
- Experience working in regulated industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience designing electro-mechanical equipment and fixtures for various types of manufacturing processes is required.
- Extensive drafting background including knowledge of applicable software (Solid works), materials, standards, GD&T is required.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills is preferred.
- Ability to collaborate internally and develop partnerships with external vendors is required.
- Ability to work in cross-cultural environment is required.
- New product development experience in medical devices is preferred.
- Experience with product design, design evaluations, process development, or device testing or prototyping is highly preferred.
- This position is located in Miami, FL and will require up to 10% travel domestically with the potential of international travel.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)