Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Receiving Inspection
Requisition ID: 8119180727
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Manager, Receiving Inspection located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Manager, Receiving Inspection responsibilities include:
- Leads the department responsible for inspection and testing of raw materials, finished products and support implementation of new product introductions.
- Managing and coordinating the activities of the Quality Operations Inspection and Test areas (Device History Record Review, Incoming and Finished Product Inspection, Operator Certification and Final Product Release).
- Assure compliance with regulations and promote good manufacturing and/or laboratory practices and good product quality engineering practices.
- Leads the development and implementation of initiatives to assure process robustness and regulatory compliance in the areas of responsibility.
- Promote Quality Engineering/Operations tools and methods for the effective and efficient development, transfer, and maintenance of Raw Materials/products/processes throughout the product lifecycle.
- Utilize Quality Engineering/Operations principles and problem-solving skills to develop and optimize receiving inspection processes that are aligned with the overall Quality and Business vision.
- Ensure effective risk management to prevent unanticipated failure modes and improve capability of processes.
- Support processes in Base Business and supervise, lead and mentor other engineers and technicians.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required preferably in Engineering or related technical field is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a GMP and/or ISO regulated industry is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with direct people management is required.
- Experience working in both an FDA and European regulatory environment is preferred.
- Experience working in Receiving Inspection/manufacturing/operations is preferred.
- Product/process Risk Management experience is required.
- Advanced Technical Training and experience using Statistics, Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies is preferred, including Measurement System Analysis, SPC, DOEs, Reliability, etc.
- Knowledge of statistical software packages is preferred, with the ability to preview, graph and analyze data; and can present data that facilitates/drives decision making.
- The ability to perform "hands on" troubleshooting and problem solving is required.
- Technical understanding of Receiving Inspection equipment and processes is preferred.
- Understanding of the NPI (New Product Introduction) process and Process Validation expertise is preferred.
- Experience in Project Management; Risk Management; Cost Accounting Principles; Quality Auditing; Operations Processes; Systems Development & Integration are required.
- Strong analytical, communication, negotiation, and change management skills
- Strong business insight, interpersonal and performance management skills for a highly global matrix organization and teams with diverse cultures and business practices is required.
- Ability to interact with, influence, and lead cross-functional, cross-business unit teams is required.
- Strong tactical planning and execution abilities, including strong organization skills is required.
- Experience taking initiative with innovative ways to problem solve in a fast-paced, changing business environment is required.
- Proven Record of Successfully Leading Complex Team Structures
- Results driven, decisive, proactive, and responsive
This position is in Warsaw, Indiana and require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)