Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Molecular Biology located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Are you an exceptional Senior Scientist with a deep knowledge of Molecular Biology and High Throughput Discovery methods? Are you looking to apply your expertise to design novel Biotherapeutics aimed at addressing the most difficult disease challenges? We at Janssen Biotherapeutics are looking for a highly motivated senior scientist to join our team committed to the bold mission of changing the future of medicine. As a member of the Biologics Discovery team, you will apply the latest technologies in high throughput protein engineering and expression to discover novel lead molecules for addressing unmet medical needs.
- Proficient in advanced molecular biology techniques to generate DNA libraries
- Experience with developing high throughput molecular biology workflows
- Familiarity with display platforms is a plus
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the biology of protein expression, vector manipulation, design of expression constructs, and recombinant DNA technologies
- Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary scientists and communicate in a highly matrixed scientific environment
- Ability to quickly establish an understanding of lead biotherapeutic programs and play an integral role on project and functional teams to drive project advancement
- Carry a passion to drive efficiency of existing processes while simultaneously working to implement and apply novel solutions to technical challenges.
- Maintain accurate electronic laboratory notebooks and other records and writing of technical reports, summaries, protocols, and manuscripts.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology, or related field is required
- Experience of making various molecular constructs is required.
- A minimum of 3 or more years of molecular biology and protein expression experience is preferred
- Post-doctoral training is preferred
- Experience with one or more common recombinant expression technologies (e.g. microbial, mammalian, and cell-free) is preferred.
- Experience with protein engineering / peptide engineering / biological system engineering through display or high throughput screening is preferred.
- The successful candidate should have the ability to work independently and meet aggressive metric-driven timelines.
- Candidate must have good organization and excellent communication skills, the ability to collaborate within multidisciplinary teams, and demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)