Johnson & Johnson Careers
Value Stream Production Lead (Multiple Roles)
Requisition ID: 8093190621
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, part of the Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting a Value Stream Production Lead in Jacksonville FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care is the contact lens division of the largest and most comprehensive manufacturer of healthcare products in the world. Johnson & Johnson Vision Care has established itself in 20 years as the world leader in contact lenses and its ACUVUE® brand is currently the No. 1 selling lens in the world and is distributed in over 70 countries worldwide.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
Leads all functions of the production line across all four shifts with regards to delivering business objectives such as safety, quality, LPS, rate, and yield. Additionally provides on shift support, leadership and guidance to other Brand lines. Adheres to all policies and procedures and supports department objectives. This role will be either day or night shift at management discretion based on business needs.
- Coordinates all Brand-related activities for their respective line across all shifts.
- Participates in troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems and process problems to prevent the occurrence of product and process non-conformances
- Plays a leading role in increasing reliability, yield, and cycle-times
- Considered line expert on core technologies
- Demonstrates ability to cover for METL when required for non-supervisory activities
- Acts as an advocate for continuous process and technology improvement
- Responsible for developing project plans, timelines, and resource requirements
- Works closely with engineering disciplines when troubleshooting the equipment and processes
- Coordinates the installation or modification of equipment
- Monitors and trends equipment reliability
- Provides a linkage between Manufacturing and support departments
- Facilitates and attends training for continuous technical skill development
- Required to attend and report results in production related meetings on or off shift
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring work performance of line resources to meet established goals for compliance to all safety requirements, product quality and production targets
- Utilize resources to identify systematic issues. Tracks, trends, develop and implements equipment and/or process enhancements that will improve efficiency, product yield, and equipment reliability. Provides peer leadership, coaching, coordinating, scheduling, monitoring, communicating and problem solving for all production line activities
- Coordinates Brand administration support for all production line activities
- Initiates and facilitates team and process enhancements
- Coordinates teams to implement preventative maintenance activities as scheduled
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree, trade school certification, or military training in business/technical discipline is required
- Or equivalent industrial experience emphasizing electro-mechanical, PLC, and pneumatics.
- A minimum of 5 years production, maintenance or engineering experience in a high volume manufacturing environment or similar is required
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the following areas: Injection molding, vision systems, lasers, sensors, process improvement, PLC systems, electro/mechanical devices, robotic/servo systems, safety devices, equipment installation, debug and qualification, control circuitry development, electro-mechanical troubleshooting/repair, equipment prototyping, production start-up, equipment process development and mechanical devices, mechanical parts design, tooling experience, and mechanical power transmission.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work in an empowered work team environment.
- Operations management experience with excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills is preferred
- Engineering experience in equipment development, project management, construction, installation and qualification required.
- The following physical activities will be performed on this role: Stooping, Crouching, Walking, Pulling, Light Lifting (Up to 23 lbs.), Grasping, Hearing, Visual Acuity, Kneeling, Reaching, Pushing, Talking, Standing, Fingering, Crawling, Inside Environmental Conditions
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)