Johnson & Johnson Careers
IMMUNOLOGY POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER
South San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 8093180727
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We adopt research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every single day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and dream to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Growing on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring an Immunology Postdoctoral Researcher within the Infectious Diseases Early Discovery team, to be located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops creative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the Infectious Disease group to join our drug discovery efforts in immunotherapy approaches for treating infectious diseases. As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to work in a reciprocal environment, conducting groundbreaking research into the mechanism of action of immune modulatory molecules. You will have experience in cellular immunology including establishing functional studies to address biological questions and be able to work with a high degree of independence. You should have good communication skills as this position requires extensive interaction with colleagues from diverse scientific backgrounds.
The Immunology postdoctoral researcher will:
- Design and perform hypothesis-driven studies to address immunological mechanistic questions using in vitro and in vivo model systems
- Seek novel technologies and be willing to implement those identified as necessary improvements to existing technologies or that confer a new capability
- Build collaborations
- Work well as a team member as well as individual contributor
- Ph.D. in Immunology or related field with 0-3 years postdoctoral research
- General knowledge of cellular immunology and requirements for establishing in vitro assays to monitor immune cell functional responses which may include: MLR, antigen-specific stimulation, cytotoxicity, suppression, or other
- Background in T cell biology or MDSC biology is preferred
- Experience using in vivo models such as chronic infection, tumor immunotherapy/vaccines or autoimmunity to study immune function
- Experience with multiparametric technologies such as cytokine multiplex analysis and multi-parameter flow cytometry using at least 4 colors.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen Biopharma, Inc. (6224)