Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager Diversity & Inclusion - 12-month contract
Toronto, Canada; Markham, Canada
Requisition ID: 8088180727
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Canadian business requires a resource to lead the advancement of the Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) agenda across sectors (Consumer Packaged Goods; Pharmaceutical and Medical Device). As a member of the Canadian D&I Council, you will serve as the Canadian key contact for all D&I initiatives and play an integral part in advancing our culture of Inclusion and Innovation. You will be responsible for the strategy, data management, partner alignment, communication and overall compliance for the Canadian business.
You will ensure that any D&I initiatives are connected to the Global D&I Strategy, the Global Office of D&I framework and provide a Canadian voice along with input on all diversity and inclusion programs.
OF NOTE: This role is a 12-month contract position.
Work with key partners to build, communicate and support the advancement of the cross-sector D&I strategy, ensuring it remains connected to the Global D&I Strategy.
Plan, monitor, and oversee activities related to D&I legislation in Canada (i.e. AODA; Employment Equity), ensuring the J&J Group of Companies remain compliant and senior partners updated.
Act as the lead liaison for any relevant audits and external partnerships (consultants; government officials, auditors, etc.).
Lead the completion of the annual workforce analysis and recommendations for key D&I legislation/acts. Facilitate the process by coordinating Data Management activities to ensure the production of reliable year-end data reports. Collect & analyze data so as to proactively identify trends and opportunities in the D&I space.
Align with the Global Office of D&I framework and provide a Canadian voice and input on all diversity and inclusion programs. Ensure full alignment of strategies and D&I initiatives with the HR leadership and Employee Resource Group leads, providing each with guidance and support.
Develop and lead D&I related communication and change management initiatives within the business.
- University Degree in related field combined with a minimum 5-7 years’ experience in human resources employment equity, diversity and inclusion etc. Advanced degree in related specialization is welcome.
- In-depth knowledge of key provincial and federal diversity legislation and requirements, as well as external thought leaders.
- Experience aligning and implementing programs in a large, complex organization.
- Ability to strategically connect the value and impact diversity and inclusion has to business outcomes.
- Exceptional project planning and communication skills for influencing work without hierarchical authority. Ability to manage multiple partners, at all levels of the organization.
- Statistical and data skills – with the ability to draw inferences and build insights from.
- Change management skills.
- Bilingualism (English & French) considered an asset.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)