Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Cellular Immunology
Requisition ID: 8084180726
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Scientist, Cellular Immunology within the Infectious Diseases Early Discovery team, to be located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking a highly motivated and productive Scientist, Cellular Immunology to join our drug discovery efforts in immunotherapy approaches for treating infectious diseases. The successful candidate will have experience with design and implementation of robust in vitro and ex vivo cell-based assays to assess immune function in response to immune modulatory agents. In this role, the scientist will work with limited supervision to design and implement studies for research projects that have a direct effect on business results within R&D. Extensive interaction with internal and external colleagues will be required to leverage the work of project members and foster collaboration.
- Independently create, develop and implement innovative in vitro and ex vivo systems to measure immune function in response to immune modulation
- Design and conduct hypothesis-driven in vivo studies
- Develop data-driven research concepts
- Identify potential areas for improvement in existing practices and propose recommendations
- Manage collaborative research interactions across teams
- Work productively as a team member as well as independently
- PhD in immunology with at least 1 year of postdoctoral research experience preferably in an industry setting is required
- Extensive experience in multiparameter flow cytometric analysis and application to evaluation of human and/or mouse immune response through phenotypic profiling and intracellular cytokine staining is required
- Design/application of multiplex assays (MSD or Luminex) using blood products is required
- Proficiency in performing in vivo studies in autoimmune, vaccine, tumor immunotherapy or chronic infection models to evaluate the immune response in various conditions is required. Experience with MDSC and/or T cell biology is a plus
- Publication history and strong written and oral skills are required
- Proficiency in data analysis and presentation tools such as GraphPad Prism, Excel and/or FlowJo is required
- Experience in ELISPOT analysis and/or cytotoxicity assays is a plus
United States-California-South San Francisco
Alios BioPharma, Inc. (6224)