Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Principal Scientist/Principal Scientist Biology, Metabolic Complications, Cardiovascular & Metabolism Discovery
Requisition ID: 8083181121
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Principal Scientist/Principal Scientist, located in the new CVM Discovery site in Boston, MA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior Principal Scientist / Principal Scientist (Sr Pri Sci / Pri Sci) within our CVM Discovery group will contribute to drug discovery of novel therapeutics for diabetic kidney diseases and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
This is a senior role within the organization, and the incumbent will report directly to the VP of Metabolic Complications / Site Head.
The Sr Pri Sci / Pri Sci will:
• Be part of the Boston leadership team, and contribute to the implementation of the scientific strategy and to the growth and progression of the pipeline. This will entail shaping a discovery strategy for novel drug candidates and bringing forward novel experimental platforms and innovative technologies to support long-term plans
• Act as individual contributor and/or cross-functional leader for individual projects, providing scientific, technical and strategic input for key go no go decision points. This will entail working in cross-functional teams, including translational medicine, discovery, biomarkers, program project teams and disease-specific working groups. It will also entail interpretation and integration of data to provide recommendations for critical portfolio decisions
• Have line management responsibilities for a team of 4-5, flexibly supporting portfolio with in vitro, ex-vivo and biomarker pre-clinical activities, occasionally in vivo if needed
• Devote significant amount of time to lab work, generating data to support portfolio progression. This will entail independently building an experimental strategy, planning and executing in vitro and ex vivo experiments, developing protocols, documenting data, troubleshooting problems, interpreting data and communicating results, and securing documentation according to best business practices and Janssen policies
• Provide senior scientific input for evaluation of external opportunities
• Present scientific accomplishments internally and externally to the scientific community including key opinion leaders
• Ph.D. with at least 6 years of post-graduate experience in cardiovascular, liver or kidney biology in the pharmaceutical industry is required.
• Expert skills in performing in vitro and in vivo pharmacological and mechanistic studies in models of cardiovascular, liver, metabolic and/or kidney diseases is required.
• Demonstrated competence for team leadership and/or people management is required.
• Record of scientific accomplishments directed toward the discovery and development of therapeutic agents, including publishing work in journals, oral presentations within and outside industry, and participation in professional societies is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)