Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior R&D Test Engineer, Advanced Energy Products
Requisition ID: 8070190222
Ethicon Endo Surgery, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior R&D Test Engineer, located in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Our team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. Working in the reliability development lab, you will collaborate with medical device design engineers to provide mechanical and electro-mechanical testing expertise insuring timely completion of projects and providing resolution of test related issues.
In this role you will:
- Partner with the lead design engineer or project engineers to understand product performance requirements and identify optimal test approaches and methodologies
- Manage required testing in Research and Development Lab, including test execution and insuring accuracy of results, generation of test result reports and interpretation of results obtained from various studies.
- Coordinate the design, development & fabrication of new test fixtures. Procure all necessary equipment to complete tests to meet program timing.
- Coordinate maintenance and calibration of test equipment.
- Develop new test procedures & methods to ensure program reliability objectives are achieved.
- Train other associates in test equipment knowledge.
- Coordinate design & testing by outside laboratories. Evaluate & replicate test data provided by third parties, ensuring quality of data & appropriateness of test methods.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as an engineer, including 2 years in a lab and testing environment is required.
- Ability to understand engineering design intent to conceptualize and develop test equipment and interpret the data produced is required.
- Analytical ability with creative thinking and problem-solving skills applied to product testing is required.
- Experience in designing, Laying out, assembling, debugging and testing Printed Wiring Boards and Circuit Card Assemblies is required.
- Experience with Altium Designer software is a strong plus.
- Experience designing and debugging Digital, Analog, RF and Power Supply circuits is required.
- Experience with test fixture design is required.
- Experience integrating and debugging test fixtures is required.
- Experience developing and maintaining Technical Drawing Packages for Test Equipment is required.
- Experience creating, and documenting test cases and test procedures is required.
- Experience with LabView programming and Data Acquisition is required. A LabView Certification is preferred.
- Experience with National Instruments TestStand software is a strong plus.
- Experience in managing multiple parallel projects in a diverse team environment is preferred.
- Experience working as a Test Engineer in a regulated environment is preferred
- Testing experience with electro-mechanical devices is preferred.
- This position is based on Cincinnati, Ohio, and may involve up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)