Johnson & Johnson Careers
Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing – Navigated Surgical Instruments
Requisition ID: 8070180726
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is searching for a Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing – Navigated Surgical Instruments, within its Spine Platform. This position will be based in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Marketing Manager will have global responsibility for the Navigated Surgical Instruments and will join the Global Strategic Spine Marketing team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing growth opportunities & collaboration strategies for critical spinal procedures across product lines for Navigated Surgical Instruments.
- Lead need assessment for Navigated Surgical Instruments across all Spine Segments including prioritization.
- Implementing navigated instrument portfolio strategies and program prioritization.
- Driving Navigated Instrument strategy and program management.
- Providing product development mentorship to the Navigation R&D Team.
- Building product positioning/messaging and developing pricing and other promotional strategies.
- Assessing and quantifying opportunities to improve market share, product profitability and entry into new procedures/conditions enabled through Navigated Surgical Instrument Concepts.
- Extensive interaction with multi-disciplinary product development & marketing teams and high-level surgeon advisory teams in addition to working with cross-functional teams (External partners, L&A, R&D, Sales, Finance, Operations, Quality, Clinical, Regulatory, Regional marketing teams and key customers) in identifying emerging, unmet surgical needs.
- Evaluating various options, creating financial models, and providing direction for global growth opportunities to drive project progress and Spine segment growth. This requires seamless collaboration with Regional Sales & Marketing teams to develop, validate and execute product launches.
- Participating effectively as a great teammate with high quality standards, display knowledge and expertise of sound management practices, and effectively develop, lead, and executes business plans to meet current and future needs.
- Demonstrating effective planning and prioritization skills and establish self as an expert for product franchise and job responsibilities, and will critically examine market dynamics to support strategic and tactical marketing plans with customer interaction.
- Participating and help in the creation to drive the overall short- and long-term Spine strategy, drive product development activities for the Spine segment, as well as ensure collaboration with US & OUS Regional marketing counterparts to support inventory needs, forecasting models, product positioning, & launch strategies.
- Develop sustainable relationships with Worldwide KOL’s, Sales, Cross-Functional, Marketing, and Regional leadership.
- A Bachelor's Degree required.
- An MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering/Biomedical Engineering, Marketing, Healthcare, or Technical business-related field is preferred
- Business experience in Medical Device and/or in Spine sector preferred.
- Upstream marketing / strategic marketing experience is preferred
- Experience in Navigation or specific in Navigated Surgical Instruments or Smart Surgical Instruments preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of Marketing, Product Management, Product Marketing or Branding/Marketing with previous product launch experience is required.
- Experience working with healthcare professionals is preferred
- Start-up or entrepreneurial experience preferred
- Experience building strong partnerships between cross functional teams such as sales, marketing, clinical, R&D, operations, and/or other key functional partners to deliver business objectives is required
- Strong communication and presentation skills as well as effective planning and prioritization skills is required
- The ability to influence without authority, gain cross-functional support and drive business direction is required
- The ability to work autonomously to deliver business results is required
- Up to 30% of domestic and international travel may be required for this position.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)