Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Portfolio Manager, NA PMO
Requisition ID: 8069180726
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. is searching for a Sr. Portfolio Manager, NA PMO for our Skillman, NJ location.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide.
Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Sr Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for developing and supporting the North American Regional NPD Portfolio through analytics & support to drive business results and ensure delivery of strategic plan goals through PMO execution. Supports making decisions about investment mix and policy, matching investments to objectives, and balancing risk against performance. The development of this capability will enable common process and approach to help deliver a maximized innovation pipeline with balanced risk and resources sufficient to meet business and strategic plan goals for Baby, Beauty, and Health E and in North America.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Support an evaluation process that includes key fundamentals from marketplace performance new product pipeline launches to optimize future project selection, improvement and optimization of the overall innovation and new product process.
- Develop an in depth understanding of various business processes, governances and supporting systems (Instantis, Gensight) and the tools/templates used for project & portfolio management
- Support franchise/squad Project Management (PM) leads in synchronized with Long Range Strategic Plan / Operational plan and franchise / regional strategy
- Support franchise/squad PM leads enabling portfolio resource allocation process
- Partner with other members of the Portfolio Management team in the consolidation of a total NA Portfolio and the portfolio prioritization and optimization process through total portfolio analytics
- Act as point of contact and establish, maintain and improve processes around data integrity in GenSight & Indigo
- Lead the development of common tools and templates to be leveraged by the Franchise and/or Squad PMO leads in coordination & prioritization of resources across Franchise projects and manage / optimize links & risks between projects
- Develop and secure alignment for PMO dashboard to link business deliverables and cross functional objectives and will measure actual vs. planned portfolio project including new product, and in process results
- Support the Operating Plan process by being the interface and lead on Operating Plan Tableau enhancements including integration of New Product and Base Business views and information
- Use strong business knowledge, technical skills and sound judgment to effectively assess Portfolio risk, communicate issues or areas of opportunity, help develop contingencies and determine when to elevate issues
- Utilize excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills to appropriately inform various levels of the organization and team members in a timely manner
- Partner with and engage with the Regional Sr Executive Commercial Leadership Team, the NA Supply Chain Leadership Team, Global and Regional Project Management organizations as well as the Regional Marketing organizations to influence, shape and deliver the above
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years combined business experience within the following areas is required: Project Management, Engineering, Research and Development, Sales, Planning, Finance, Marketing and/or Operational function
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience leading end to end Supply Chain projects is required
- Project Management Training and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred
- Advanced Excel skills are highly preferred with proficiency in MS Project, MS PowerPoint
- Experience with Portfolio management software (Instantis/Gensight) is preferred
- Experience launching new products or managing product changes is preferred
- Working in a GMP or regulated environment (Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Diagnostics, or Consumer Product) is preferred
- This role requires an entrepreneurial mindset and be able to facilitate a startup function and the ability to lead in a new area “white space” important.
- Strong leadership skills to provide solid business and product-focused conclusions and recommendations
- A proven track record of meeting the project objectives by successfully managing, tracking and implementing successful strategies regarding scope, quality, time and cost is needed
- Must be comfortable challenging status quo and looking for ways to improve processes
- This position may require up to 10% domestic and international travel
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt