Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Systems Associate
Requisition ID: 8062170828
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Technical Systems Associate in Lancaster, PA.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
- Responsible for ensuring the reliability of equipment that is utilized for the processing and packaging of Lancaster products.
- Hands-on approach during project installation, start-up, commissioning and validation activities.
- Responsive to the manufacturing environment for maximum up-time of equipment as measured by OEE.
- Interact with production personnel to propose modifications to equipment, processes and operations to improve safety, increase efficiency and enhance company goals.
- Define instrument and controls requirements and establish project design criteria based on engineering analysis and evaluation.
- Supervise outside contractors during fabrication, installation, and start-up activities.
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers or field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts.
- Provide user applications or engineering support or recommendations for new or existing equipment with regard to installation, upgrades, or enhancements.
- Provide training as required to systems’ users and maintenance technicians.
- Perform the technical portions of changeovers within designated process area in allotted timeframes and train/mentor operators to assist with or perform changeovers.
- Perform Corrective, Preventative and Emergency Maintenance and document within CMMS (SAP).
- Contribute to root-cause analysis of equipment/component downtime issues.
- Support the planning group with information to order repair parts or coordinate contracted repair services.
- Ensure that all activities are documented with Good Documentation Practices. (includes but not limited to: CMMS, protocols, batch records, investigations, PM modification forms and log books)
- Follows all appropriate safety requirements and work permitting- use of PPE, Lock out/tag out, confined space entry, hot work etc.
- Participate in protocols, change control activities and line trails in the planning, execution and analysis phases.
- Operate equipment/machinery to manufacture and/or package product as per applicable SOPs for the purpose of mechanical, electrical and/or controls troubleshooting, adjustment and repairs.
- Maintain an updated and current training record (adhere to training timelines in Compliance Wire, etc.)
- Participate in Safety initiatives and other plant designated programs (Zero Defects, OEE etc.)
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent plus 6 years related experience OR an Associate’s degree or trade program (i.e. programming PLCs, expertise in electrical/electronic systems on packaging/manufacturing equipment and control processing instrumentation) is required.
- A minimum of four (4) relevant work experience is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in manufacturing operations for the food, medical device or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Automation control/electronic or mechatronic or electro/mechanical experience is required.
- Willing and able to pass written assessment(s) to qualify as a candidate is required.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, ability to climb a ladder, a combination of standing and sitting for a normal shift of up to 12 hours is required.
- Previous high-speed packaging equipment repair and maintenance experience is preferred.
- Experience with new line and equipment installations including equipment design, URS parameter selection and programming is preferred.
- Changeover reduction experience is preferred.
- Experience with PLC diagnostics (i.e. Allen Bradley with RSLogix 500/5000, Wonder Ware, R.S. View, etc.) is required.
- Interpreting P&ID/Schematic diagrams and machinery drawings is required.
- This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)