Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Digital Technologies
Requisition ID: 8052180726
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies is recruiting for a Director, Digital Technologies, to be located in Providence, RI.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
The Digital Platform Center of Excellence is a new Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices initiative intended to build the digital platform portfolio for the Medical Devices Sector. This will be accomplished by building dedicated engineering teams to deliver critical platforms. The team will be primarily located in Providence, RI – which offers significant opportunity to leverage relevant skills and capabilities in the local and surrounding markets as well as J&J’s established footprint in Providence.
This role will lead the strategy for technology direction, investment and be the business owner for technology related investment. This role will report to the Vice President of Digital Solutions, who is tasked with developing, integrating and launching digital solutions across the patient continuum.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong leadership within Digital Solutions team and will lead technology interactions with business units, IT, data science disciplines to identify, make the case for investment and execute new capabilities.
- Will synthesize multiple use cases across a large organization to help identify new capabilities, partner to develop proofs of concept to evaluate new innovations, and bring enterprise scalable technology and services to new and existing platforms.
- Business owner for new technology initiatives.
- Bring a systems engineering, Health IT and software solutions perspective to influence development of scalable data platforms and ecosystems
- Leader that builds ecosystems and develops data solutions to support end to end customer use cases.
- Partner strongly with R&D, technology leads, data science and enterprise IT teams to define infrastructure, capability and requirements for integrated digital solutions.
- Strong mentorship skills to train other individuals in rapid prototyping and developing robust functional testing strategies for digital solutions line.
- Influence the growth and development of an organization with the right talent and capabilities to execute strongly – be adept at identifying and working with external partners.
- Be very comfortable working with internal and external entities to develop common platform and components. Significant leadership through influence and collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills and leading by example will be required to be successful in a matrix organization.
- Provide progress updates to key R&D and other business stakeholders on a regular and as needed basis.
- Will need to make the best possible case for technology investment to senior management by managing competing requirements, activities and viewpoints.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience is required within one of the following areas: Healthcare technology environment and industry.
- Previous regulated industry experience is required.
- Previous experience developing customer applications in software, firmware, web and mobile enabled data applications with strong knowledge of hardware and systems integration is required.
- Demonstrable experience of data architecture and ecosystem concepts in healthcare delivery is a critical requirement - how data gets generated, injected, prepared for algorithms, all aspects of Machine Learning and implementing ML models in workflow
- Experience with enterprise data and analytics platforms and enterprise scaling is required.
- Experience in the field of machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining algorithms, streaming analytics, or media video analytics is a plus.
- Experience in strategy development and senior leadership engagement is required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills are required.
- Must have prior experience leading teams that have launched products
- Strong experience with software design and testing including validation is critical
- Demonstrated success in partnering and influencing across a matrix environment is required.
- The ability to actively develop or mentor talent to achieve results is necessary. Prior experience managing or building a team is required as this position will have direct reports.
- This position will be based out Providence, Rhode Island and relocation will be required. May be based in Raynham, MA initially and will require a minimum of 25% travel domestically and/or internationally.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Rhode Island-Providence
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)