Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist, Cellular Immunology
Requisition ID: 8050180726
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Principal Scientist, Cellular Immunology within the Infectious Diseases Early Discovery team, to be located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking a highly motivated and productive Principal Scientist, Cellular Immunology with a background in cellular immunology to join our drug discovery efforts in immunotherapy approaches for treating infectious diseases. Ideally the successful candidate will have experience identifying and establishing relevant murine models of disease as well as design and implement studies that require extensive analysis to evaluate the immune response to treatment with immune modulatory agents. In this role, you will be responsible for directing and executing multiple projects in a data-driven manner, working with limited supervision in a highly collaborative environment.
- Identify and establish murine models of chronic disease based on project needs; design and implement
hypothesis-driven in vivo studies to evaluate immune function in response to immune modulatory agents and combination treatments
- Establish strong collaborative relationships with internal and external collaborators
- Develop data-driven research concepts and identify novel projects/solutions
- Identify potential areas for improvement in existing practices and propose recommendations
- Develop research solutions requiring extensive analysis to reveal novel concepts
- Ensures proper documentation of discoveries, procedures and publications
- Draws from various scientific fields to generate new initiatives
- Direct and perform immunological studies including approximately 70% hands-on work
- PhD in immunology with at least 8 years of industry experience is required
- Extensive experience in murine models of chronic disease and design of in vivo studies in autoimmune, vaccine, tumor immunotherapy or chronic infection models to assess the immune response including: tissue collection/preparation and immune cell phenotyping/functional studies is required. Experience with in vivo imaging is desirable
- Highly proficient in multiparameter flow cytometric analysis and application to evaluation of human and/or mouse immune profiling is required
- Experience in basic cellular immunology assays such as ELISPOT, cytotoxicity and proliferation is required
- Design and application of multiplex assays (MSD or Luminex) using primary samples is required
- Publication history and strong written and oral skills are required
- Experience in discovery and development of therapeutics is preferred
United States-California-South San Francisco
Alios BioPharma, Inc. (6224)