Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Science Liaison, Infectious Diseases, DE, MD, OH, VA, WV, Washington DC.
Requisition ID: 8043190621
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of Johnson& Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison – Infectious Diseases to cover the following region: DE, MD, OH, VA, WV, Washington DC
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) functions as a subject matter expert on current Infectious Diseases (ID) products and ID pipeline research to internal business partners and external customers.
- Is responsible for providing comprehensive, accurate, fair balanced, objective, scientifically rigorous information and appropriate product and disease state education to key opinion leaders and population health decision makers in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for building and maintaining external relationships with recognized experts in the therapeutic area and effectively engaging these individuals in scientific exchange.
- Provides support for company sponsored trials and aides in navigating investigator initiated research proposals through the review process
- Attends scientific conferences to gather, analyze and synthesize new scientific information relevant to the company and the external scientific community.
- Executes key administrative functions, including documentation of field activities, expense report submission, and other tasks as deemed business necessary
- Territory: DE, MD, OH, VA, WV, Washington DC
Ideally, the candidate would live either in the Washington, DC or
Baltimore, MD metropolitan area
- A minimum of a PharmD, MD/DO, or PhD, is required. Will consider Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) with equivalent experience
- Ability to understand and apply Standard Operating Procedures, work instructions and company Health Care Compliance/Regulatory/Legal guidelines
- Ability to travel up to 75% including overnight stays
- A valid U.S. driver's license and clean driving record
- At least 2 years of experience in a clinical/academic setting, with preference for Infectious Diseases / HIV clinical experience or at least 2 years in the pharmaceutical industry (as a Medical Science Liaison or equivalent)
- Residency/Fellowship in Infectious Diseases strongly preferred
- Prior experience in research and/or with analysis of clinical research data or exposure to pharmaceutical industry interactions as an employee or key customer is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with the utilization of computer and iPad applications, including the Microsoft Office platform (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, OneNote)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Medical Science Liaison