Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Protein Scientist at Associate Scientist level 1 located in San Diego, CA.
The Janssen Biotherapeutics organization in San Diego discovers and implements New Platforms and Technologies to provide biopharmaceutical solutions to unmet medical needs. A critical function of the NPT group is the production of recombinant proteins as therapeutics and as tools. The NPT group has an opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist with a passion for research and experience with protein expression in engineered cells.
- support the lead discovery and optimization of novel biomolecules across all therapeutic areas
- be involved in the transfection and expression of recombinant proteins and protein libraries from a variety of expression hosts including mammalian, E. coli, baculovirus, and yeast
- create stable transfected mammalian cell lines
- A BS or BA degree in an appropriate discipline with up to 2 years of experience in biopharmaceutical R&D, or 3-5 years of experience in biopharmaceutical R&D
- Demonstrated experience of transient and/or stable transfection of mammalian cells is required
- Diverse knowledge and experience with various expression systems including mammalian, E. coli, baculovirus, and yeast preferred
- Skill in molecular biology techniques and their application to expression constructs and systems in order to maximize protein expression yields and optimize proteins for downstream uses required
- Experience with cell viability assays and cell-sorting techniques preferred
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to comprehend pertinent literature, to work independently and meet timelines
- Experience with isolation and purification of proteins from both prokaryotic and eukaryotic sources using both classical and contemporary purification techniques is desirable but not required
- Should be able to lift 50lbs
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-3210 Merryfield Row
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)