Johnson & Johnson Careers
Team Leader (2nd and 3rd shift)
Requisition ID: 8015180404
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Team Leader (2nd and 3rd shift), located in Lititz, PA. The Team Leader could support the Packaging or Mixing Department.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives every single day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Team Leader (2nd and 3rd shift), you will:
• Supervise packaging or mixing operations and personnel to meet targets including colleagues and activities that are expected to result in the output of goods and services related to the operation of high speed packaging lines to meet internal and external customer expectations for quality, timeliness and cost.
• Establish personnel schedules and product lines based on business needs.
• Provide input to operational flow and identify potential packaging issues, track orders and schedules, and compile/submit data for operating reports.
• Train staff in the areas of safety and quality. As the Team Leader, you will lead activities in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees and assure compliance of all regulatory policies and procedures.
• Create a work environment that embraces change by providing the leadership needed to implement and execute goals to meet business requirements.
• Facilitate communication activities, and act as liaison between hourly colleagues and other leaders at the site. This individual will understand and ensure adherence to collective bargaining agreement and will communicate operational information.
• Recommend changes to standard operational and working practices including providing the leadership necessary to develop and implement cross-functional team to improve aspects of operations while driving a Continuous Improvement (CI) culture using Lean/Six-Sigma strategies and tools.
• Partner with operations, functional and management personnel to develop and implement methods and processes that optimize the flow and use of material, machine and human resources.
• Oversee all hourly colleagues on in their area/shift in the performance of their duties, coordinate manpower in support of achieving schedules while monitoring and driving employee and equipment productivity (maximize uptime and efficiency) to achieve optimum results in the areas of quality, production, health and safety, costs of goods, etc.
• Provide input to operational budget, understand financial drivers, and manage costs to improve business' financial results.
• Administer equipment maintenance and repair, as well as maintain records and notify management of reoccurring issues that may require equipment replacement.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a Science or Engineering discipline. A Master's or higher degree is preferred.
• A minimum of six (6) years of overall professional experience is required.
• Ability to lead the Packaging department or the Mixing department is required.
• Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) environment is preferred.
• Previous manufacturing and packaging experience is highly preferred.
• At least three (3) years of proven supervisory experience is preferred.
• Experience in a healthcare manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Previous experience managing department budget and demonstrated experience in project management are preferred.
• Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training or certification is preferred. OSHA training is preferred.
• Computer literate in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required. Experience with project software packages is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication, listening, negotiating, technical writing and problem-solving/decision-making skills are required.
• Availability to work in a 2nd and 3rd shift is required. Flexibility to work extra hours or visit other shifts per the operational needs is required.
• This position will be based in Lititz, PA and requires up to ten percent (10%) of travel.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)