Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, one of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Director, US Market Access Scientific & External Strategy to be located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
This role is part of the Market Access Scientific and External Strategy team within the Value & Evidence (V&E) Scientific Engagement Group. The team focuses on analyzing health policies and generating evidence to shape scientific strategies and policies across the Janssen pharmaceutical portfolio. This role will have two main responsibilities:
- Support Senior Director in leading aspects of market access scientific strategy development through: (a) environmental monitoring and external engagement around evolving US health and market access policies, including health insurance policy and financing models and drug value assessment frameworks (b) synthesizing or generating data to support Janssen’s patient-centric policy positions
- Lead Market Access Scientific Strategy for select Janssen compounds in early development. Collaborate with New Products and Business Development (NP&BD) and Global Commercial Strategy Organization (GCSO), to ensure robust and integrated US Market Access Scientific Strategy for key compounds in early phases of development including: (a) US payer input into developmental programs (e.g., Phase II/III clinical trials and other supporting evidence plans including RWE), (b) direct execution of research studies and other related projects, as aligned with overall scientific market access strategy.
Examples of key functions related to the responsibility 1 above include:
- Partnering with JSA and V&E leadership, SCG, Global Health Policy, Gov’t Affairs, Communications, and Global Market Access, among other functions, to develop Janssen’s overarching strategic positions on key health economic and policy issues and provide supporting data.
- Analysis and summary of various policy proposals related to economic evaluation, drug pricing, and proposed policy solutions.
- Generate evidence to strengthen economic messages linked to innovations improving patient outcomes and/or healthcare efficiency.
- Monitor and engage with organizations influencing benefit design, access, provider payment policy, patient incentives, coverage and reimbursement.
- Foster strong external relationships with thought leaders, researchers, and policy partners, including academics, professional society leads, and customer contacts, to validate, refine, and share Janssen’s perspectives and strategies around the issues above.
- Partner with V&E Therapeutic Area (TA) lead to shape cross-TA strategy and draft responses for reviews and policy papers released by external value assessment groups impacting various TAs (ICER, DERP, etc.).
Examples of key functions related to the responsibility 2 above include:
- Contribute to forming and providing robust US input into R&D for key pipeline products, based on our understanding of US healthcare system’s needs for evidence 3-5 years into the future.
- Become an integrated part of the assigned V&E TA team to shape and develop Market Access Scientific Strategy and Evidence Generation Plan to prepare for formation of Integrated Evidence Generation Team, and ultimate hand off to TA Leads.
- Within the assigned TA, this role includes:
- V&E lead on Regional Core Strategy Teams (RCSTs) for the TA
- Scientific partner to Strategic Customer Group (SCG) and Commercial Team to shape and align on winning market access strategy
- V&E contact for customer engagements related to potential customer-specific research partnerships
- Lead evidence generation activities for the TA in partnership with V&E or external research organizations
- A master’s degree in health economics, statistics, health policy or related field is required. A doctorate is preferred.
- A minimum 7 years of experience in the pharm or healthcare industry, preferably in health economics, market access or related functions
- Deep knowledge of US healthcare financing and delivery is essential
- Experience in HTA (health technology assessment) markets or US health policy is strongly preferred
- Experience in leading a team in a matrix environment is preferred
- Requires ability to facilitate alignment across multiple stakeholders with, at times, misaligned interests
- Requires a highly motivated, creative self-starter with a demonstrated track record of leadership and achievement
- May require up to 15% for mostly domestic travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Health Economics R&D