Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 7997180405
Ethicon LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Engineer to be located in San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Staff Engineer, you will:
• Manage and execute projects or programs of moderate to high level complexity ensuring safety, regulatory compliance, company standards, operation requirements and business needs.
• Provide project management guidance and business tools, utilizing a systematic approach to project execution. You will also prepare management reports and presentations.
• Develop imaginative strategies for the efficient completion of projects.
• Set the Engineering standard and direction for the group and you will be recognized as the source for guidance in a field.
• Lead the optimization of process output and throughput, equipment utilization, equipment downtime, waste reduction/yield improvements, budget management, standard cost and capital investment management in an innovative manner.
• Challenge the “status quo” on a routine basis and develop new ideas within incoming processes.
• Coordinate phases of work with other departments within the company (San Lorenzo) and with other Ethicon divisions.
• Provide technical support to Manufacturing Business Units for complex process issues, where higher level of technical expertise in a given field of expertise is required.
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Company Policies and Federal, State and Local Government Regulations.
• Review and maintain Engineering, equipment’s and process procedure.
• Participate in GMP audits regarding equipment recording and machine performance.
• Coordinate communications and interfaces within end users (Ethicon - San Lorenzo) and machine manufacturers or suppliers.
• A bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required, preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. Master’s degree is preferred.
• Process Excellence and Project Management (PMP) certifications are preferred. Professional Engineer (PE) License is a plus.
• A minimum of six (6) years of experience in process or maintenance engineering is required.
• Experience in the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical or Consumer industry is required.
• Knowledge in robotics technology (manufacturing or packaging systems) is preferred.
• Supervisory experience is preferred.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment developing manufacturing standards is required.
• Experience or knowledge in short and long-term project management is required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as report writing, presentation and training skills both in English and Spanish is required.
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
• Experience with MS Project is preferred.
• This position requires up to twenty-five percent (25%) of travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-San Lorenzo
Ethicon Endo Surgery, LLC (7597)