Johnson & Johnson Careers
National Sales Director, CVM, Janssen Pharmaceuticals
Requisition ID: 7984190620
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a National Sales Director, CVM to be based in Titusville, NJ.
For more than 30 years, Janssen Pharmaceuticals has delivered on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a rich legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen pursues innovative solutions in the therapeutic areas of cardiology, immunology, oncology, urology and nephrology. With the same unwavering passion for new challenges, we dedicate ourselves to delivering solutions for these disease states where unmet needs continue to exist. Rooted in rich scientific collaborations and community-based relationships, we have access to some of the top minds in science today, allowing us to advance the treatment of patients through our innovative medicines. Our discoveries lead us not only to new treatments, but also to new ways to empower patients and expand their access to quality care.
This National Sales Director, CVM position will provide you with an exciting opportunity to make an impact on patients' lives. The National Sales Director is a key leadership position within the CVM business. He/she will be responsible for strategically leading a team of Regional Business Directors, District Managers and Sales Representatives/Specialists. The position is responsible for Strategic Planning and Tactical Sales Execution. The position collaborates with cross-functional brand teams and critical business partners to develop and execute national sales strategies and tactics for the portfolio and potential co-promotions with other Johnson & Johnson companies. The NSD will demonstrate a firm grasp of industry trends, understands market conditions, or develops strategies to stay ahead of the competition. He/she will capitalize on opportunities within the dynamic marketplace. This role will make customer central to all thinking for self and the team. Works with Marketing / Brand team's and strategic partners, including the Key Account Manager organization to develop a plan of action that optimizes promotional impact and takes advantage of current and future market opportunities. The NSD will collaborate with Sr. Management to translate brand strategies into actionable tactics for the sales force and develop standards across regions to measure success. He/she will work with Regional Business Directors (RBD) and key field business partners to develop regional field business plans that will meet or exceed brand objectives. This role will collaborate with business partners to develop, communicate and administer: sales forecasts, sales call plan, sales incentive plan.
The NSD will deliver business results through alignment with brand strategies and in accordance with Health Care Compliance guidelines. He/she will analyze sales and operations data to monitor sales progress and develop corrective plans to improve sales force effectiveness/efficiency. The role will analyze financial metrics of sales organization effectiveness, including budgeting, allocation/deployment of resources, return on investment strategies, etc. The NSD will create a high-performance work environment in which he/she builds accountability at all levels in the organization through inclusion, empowerment, involvement and collaboration. He/she will champion for positive change and improvement and creates an environment where new ideas, alternative strategies and innovative thinking are valued and explored, while remaining compliant to Company standards. This position will drive mastery of requisite skills (business, selling skills, therapeutic understanding, territory and account management, etc.) of the sales organization by partnering with Sales Training by identifying key areas for development and developing appropriate curriculum. It will provide leadership for field management to ensure the recruitment, retention and development of a diverse pool of talent at all levels of sales management. The NSD will ensure field force has completed appropriate training to ensure compliance to J&J training standards. This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree is required.
- Extensive health care or related experience required
- Minimum 10 years of diverse cross-functional experience in key Commercial/Sales Leadership roles (ex. Sales, Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Payer/Access experience, Analytics, International experience, NBD) including at least four years Marketing and/or Strategic Marketing experience
- Very strong direct people management/leadership experience, including prior experience leading management level teams; Proven ability to lead, develop, coach and engage and inspire high performing, diverse teams.
- Very strong communications skills
- Very strong demonstrated leadership skills consistent with the J&J Leadership Imperatives (Connect / Shape / Lead / Deliver / Living our Credo)
- Demonstrated high level of commercial capabilities and clear cycles of success in prior commercial roles. Ability to maximize business opportunities and insights. Strong ability to innovate, collaborate and deliver results
- Prior sales leadership experience as a National Sales Director or Regional Business Director strongly preferred
- Pharmaceuticals experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated capabilities and traits for career path versatility to progress to other key roles
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)