Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Science Liaison, Oncology - Quebec /Atlantic Provinces (contract)
Requisition ID: 7978180725
Janssen Pharmaceutical, Companies of Johnson & Johnson is currently hiring a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) – Solid Tumor Oncology - Genitourinary (GU), 14 month contract for Quebec and Atlantic Canada.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) holds primary responsibility for the execution of the Medical Affairs Plan. They are the point of contact for key opinion leaders (KOLs) in a given territory and help answer their medical, scientific and research needs within specific guidelines.
- Disseminate, review and present clinical and scientific data to key customers, in group and one on one settings mainly in their region (authority on franchise science in the region)
- Develop scientific communication materials (slide presentations) for dissemination to HCPs through contacts and meetings and provide congress support
- Ensure a regional scientific leadership strategy via credible and informed scientific dialogue with KOLs
- Accountable for relationships with top KOLs in their region (development and sustainability through clear engagement plans)
- Lead/participate in medical and scientific forums (e.g. ad boards and CMEs) where KOLs are involved
- Provide expert-level clinical consultation and support to business partners (e.g. CME events, training of representatives, etc.)
- Provide regional medical perspective to influence the medical affairs and integrated evidence generation plans
- Keep abreast of scientific literature/clinical data, relating to their therapeutic area and translate data into applicable knowledge and communication platform
- Support Real World Evidence (RWE), phase IIIB/IV local and global clinical development program. Critical contributor to site identification, patient enrollment, and follow-up visits. Assist in the interpretation of results, post-hoc analyses, and research collaboration with investigators as needed
- Support investigator initiated studies by fielding and assessing research requests, aligning investigator interests with Janssen’s research needs, and engaging investigators to ensure the successful execution and satisfactory completion of studies as needed
- Analyze data – new and post hoc – to develop insights and contribute to publications as appropriate
- Graduate studies (Master’s Degree at a minimum); Pharm D, PhD, MD is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written) is required for MSLs based in Quebec.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, which can be balanced against a strong clinical and/or scientific background in Oncology - proven track record of contribution to commercial, medical and/or clinical development strategies.
- Knowledge of the therapeutic area GU oncology/prostate cancer is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience of managing clinical/ scientific programs with a high degree of autonomy, including successfully managing significant programs from start to finish (publication).
- Strong knowledge of GCP, SOPs, Rx&D code and Healthcare Compliance policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate information and in particular to KOLs.
- Customer expertise especially scientific leadership in their therapy area – strong and strategic relationships with KOLs
- Ability to put data into perspective and communicate it concisely as required.
- Excellent analytical thinking, results-oriented project management, facilitation and consultative skills to influence decision making.
- Ability to assist in publications.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of time (customer facing position) - dependent upon region covered and therapeutic area.
- A valid Canadian driver's license is required as incumbent in this role will receive a company car.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)
Medical Science Liaison