Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist Preclinical Research
Requisition ID: 7956190220
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Principal Scientist Preclinical Research, located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services. Responsibilities include:
- Functioning as Project Leader for product evaluations & research involving animate, inanimate, and cadaveric models.
- Providing surgical expertise during research, development & evaluation utilizing animate, inanimate and cadaveric models.
- Performing research & testing which support development of products or procedures in minimally invasive surgery.
- Originating, designing, conducting, & / or directing surgical investigations for product development and preclinical evidence generation.
- Developing programs of research for driving the commercialization and adoption of minimally invasive products and procedures and other ETHICON focus areas related to the delivery of surgery.
- Deep knowledge of animal and human anatomy and physiology, as well as biological systems.
- Demonstrated analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated surgical expertise during research, development & evaluation utilizing animate, inanimate and cadaveric models.
- Ability to work as a team leader and team member.
- Excellent communication skills – written/oral/listening.
- Working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assess business risks of various scientific pathways.
- Ability to clearly document and communicate plans and results.
- Develop tactics to successfully complete programs/projects/studies.
- Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Conceptualize issues and represent the organizational needs accordingly.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Serve as a consultant, in or out of the business, or serve as a Preclinical spokesperson on technical issues.
- Able to articulate scientific basis for decisions / outcomes to different levels / functions in company.
- Able to bring new scientific principles / innovative technical solutions to programs / projects / studies.
- Surgical technique & mastery of advanced laparoscopic procedures spanning multiple animal models.
- Knowledge of regulations regarding medical device development and the utilization of live animals.
- Know & follow ETHICON policies & procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility.
- Developing protocols, analyzing/interpreting data and scientifically evaluating functionality, efficacy and safety during acquisition, licensure, discovery, development, and product change evaluations.
- Providing biomedical expertise by making unbiased recommendations to ETHICON teams and representing ETHICON/J&J in the scientific community regarding new technologies and interaction of device concepts on living tissue.
- Utilizing interpersonal skills to enhance team processes and work across functional lines to accomplish the goals of Pre-Clinical Research, ETHICON, and J&J.
- Actively contributing to the ETHICON Pre-Clinical Research team in a professional manner to support Pre-Clinical Research, ETHICON, and J&J.
- Provide technical direction & leadership to project team members in investigation & experimentation efforts aimed at practical applications of scientific theories or principles.
- Participating in business strategy through significant publication and presentation of Preclinical Evidence Generation.
- Develop strategies to ensure effective achievement of scientific / technological objectives as defined by project/platform needs.
- Document, analyze, interpret, and report results of research and development activities.
- Effectively implement independent and timely research.
- Maximize business performance and minimize adverse impacts by advocating scientific position and building internal coalitions to support appropriate decision-making.
- Function as key Pre-Clinical Research team member by energetically supporting the goals of the department, the company and J&J and actively participating in and collaborating with the external scientific community.
- A minimum of a Doctorate degree (i.e. PhD, PharmD, DVM, MD, etc.) in biosciences or bioengineering is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a medical device, pharmaceutical industry and/or contract research organization is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state-of-the-art surgical skills, principles & theory is required.
- Experience with managing preclinical and/or clinical studies, including GLP, with external contract research organizations is required.
- Ability to work both collaboratively as a team across various functions in a challenging and changing environment is required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to serve as a change agent to identify needs and solutions, implement and support the building of a scientific organization is required.
- Track record of new product introduction and product life cycle management is preferred.
- Familiarity with Medical Device Product Development is preferred.
- Knowledge of preclinical regulatory requirements for FDA, TUV, and other international agencies is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)