Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Cell Therapy
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 7947190625
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Cell Therapy position located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The individual will be responsible for generating large volumes of accurate, highly reproducible functional data to support pre-clinical research efforts directed towards the discovery and development of novel Cellular therapies (CAR-T, et al.) across multiple areas of disease focus.
• Independently design, execute and interpret complex in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo experiments
• Support research programs and mechanism of action studies directed towards the selection of next generation molecules
• Possess a sense of urgency, and be able to manage multiple experiments simultaneously
• Present and assemble complex data sets
• Work collaboratively in a matrix environment across Discovery groups and functional areas
• Contribute to various projects outside of her/his own and keep up-to-date with documentation and published literature related to the field
• B.S. with 6+ years of progressively advanced duties at the Associate Scientist level, or equivalent training/experience is required; Industry experience is helpful OR M.S. with 3+ years of biopharmaceutical or academic laboratory experience is required;
• A strong background in cell biology, immunology, or cancer biology is required.
• Extensive experience in development and optimization of bioassays and cell-based assays is required.
• Proficient with basic immunology techniques is required, must have extensive experience in human immune cell isolation/culture, and multi-color flow cytometry. Capable of problem solving.
• Recent lentivirus and gene editing experience is highly preferred.
• Hands-on experience with CAR-T or other cell and gene therapy products is highly preferred.
• Working knowledge of molecular-based assays is preferred.
• Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and record-keeping skills is required. Accelrys Electronic Lab Notebook experience is preferred.
• Intellectually curious and well informed on the latest scientific advances in the field is desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally is required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards is required.
• This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)