Janssen Pharmaceutical, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist. The position will be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking a Scientist to join the Tissue Inflammation group within Immunology Discovery. This candidate will assist in shaping and executing pre-clinical in vivo strategies for the advancement of drug discovery and development programs across the Immunology portfolio, with a focus on the role of stromal and parenchymal cells in the regulation of inflammation.
- Design, perform and interpret in vivo experiments to support drug discovery and development activities including target identification and validation, mechanism of action studies, evaluation of combination therapies and development of PK/PD models
- Work closely with colleagues from partner organizations, biomarkers and early development to progress clinical candidates into early clinical development
- Contribute to relevant sections of discovery reports and regulatory documents
- Represent the company at external meetings and work with leadership to establish collaborations
- PhD in Immunology/Pharmacology/Cell Biology or related discipline with at least 2-3 years relevant postdoctoral and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in inflammatory disease models is required
- Strong oral, written and fit-for-purpose communication skills are required
- Excellent collaboration and relationship building skills and the ability to work in a highly matrixed environment are required
- Experience with in vivo inflammation models (SC/IP/PO dosing and tissue harvest) is required; experience in in vivo and in vitro models of rheumatologic, dermatologic or gastroenterologic diseases is preferred
- Experience in multicolor (10+) flow cytometry is strongly preferred – this includes the ability to design, optimize, and implement panels to characterize cells isolated from disease tissue
- Broad experience in mechanism-based PK/PD models is preferred
- Experience in biologics and/or small molecule drug development is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)