Johnson & Johnson Careers
Global Compound Market Access Leader (CMAL) CAR-T
Requisition ID: 7933180725
Janssen Global Commercial Strategy Organization, a group within Janssen Global Services and a member of Johnson & Johnson's family of companies, is recruiting for a Global Compound Market Access Leader (CMAL) CAR-T to be located in Raritan, New Jersey; Titusville, NJ; or Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development.
The Global Compound Market Access Leader (CMAL) for CAR-T, reporting to the VP, Global market Access, Oncology, has the key leadership role of developing and driving the Market Access strategy for the BCMA CAR-T product aligned with the global brand strategy. The CMAL provides strategic market access leadership at the brand level, expertly representing market access within Compound Development Team and other global strategy teams, building strong relationships and effective collaboration within the matrix. In doing so, the CMAL will shape key strategic decisions such as Clinical Development and Integrated Evidence Generation Plans to ensure that strategic plans fully meet the needs of market access in key countries. The CMAL takes a lead in development of brand value propositions and collaborates through the (Extended) Market Access to deliver timely, optimal reimbursement in a highly challenging environment across diverse regions with complex and differing needs. The CMAL must understand the needs of markets and develop appropriate solutions.
- Be responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of the payer value generation and access strategies for an ATMP product aiming for an accelerated path to market
- Serve as the leading resource on access strategies and is an active member of the global clinical and commercial product teams, as well as the disease area strategy groups.
- Be responsible for integrating pricing, payer research, health economic and epidemiology information to develop the optimal value strategy.
- Interact with Regional Market Access/Health Economics / Outcomes Research and Medical Affairs teams to coordinate and develop real world evidence generation in support of their access programs.
- Develop an integrated access strategy that reflects macro (health care reform, quality metrics, technology assessment) and disease specific (clinical profile, market segmentation, disease staging and clinical pathway) factors as well as the complexity of a companion diagnostic.
- Be responsible for ensuring that clinical development programs fully capture the value of innovative products to payers, physicians and patients. This includes strategic advice to teams on patient populations, trial design, selection of relevant endpoints as well as ensuring quality implementation of study protocols, case report forms, monitoring protocols, statistical analyses plans, etc.
- Drive the design and management of health outcomes studies including: systematic literature reviews, Real World Evidence studies, and user-friendly cost effectiveness and budget impact models.
- Be responsible for educating the BCMA CAR-T commercial and R&D teams on key access trends and opportunities to shape their evolution from an ATMP perspective.
- Provide leadership to the CDT in terms of market access data needs related to the clinical development plan; represent the access needs of the regions as a subject matter expert and advocate for the data necessary for positive reimbursement across the global markets.
- Take budgetary responsibility for defining and managing the market access discretionary budgets, ensuring that spending is managed effectively throughout the year and to plan.
- Develop deep expertise of the clinical and market access drivers unique to cell-based therapies and work to drive the debate externally to influence market access and reimbursement approaches to these novel therapies.
- Keep up to date with scientific developments, bringing the latest techniques and analyses to build the strongest possible value proposition
- Understand the patient perspective of the disease and recommend strategies that can support the patient voice in key payer negotiations
Ensure strategic alignment across Regions and Countries:
- Lead an engaged and collaborative Extended Market Access team, ensuring great communication and collaboration, sharing of best practice and co-creation
- Map the reimbursement pathways and funding mechanisms by key geographies for ATMP therapies to ensure a robust understanding
- To enable timely reimbursement and patient access, proactively support engagements with key external decision makers to reach a consensus on acceptable evidentiary requirements
- Partner on the design of payer research and provide support early scientific advice
- Work with pricing colleagues to provide expert perspectives and establish pricing policies
- Oversee the evaluation and modelling of innovative pricing and contracting initiatives and support execution
- Foster collaboration and seamless working with functions in Market Access including Statistics, RWE and Policy, making sure that priorities are jointly agreed so that deliverables are agreed and expectations managed
- A minimum of a Masters’ Degree is required. Ph.D., Pharm D, MD, or M.Sc. in appropriate field (preferably Epidemiology, Health Economics, Public Health, Health Policy) is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry (global, regional or operating company level) with a focus in Epidemiology, Health Economics, Payer Access is required.
- Understanding and/or experience of the reimbursement environment for key international markets is required.
- Experience in multiple therapy areas, including oncology strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of Health Economics, meta-analyses, retrospective and prospective data generation activities, clinical trial methodologies, relative effectiveness and all other ingredients of an optimal value proposition and professional HTA or price & reimbursement submissions are required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to successfully work across functional and geographic boundaries, preferably across multiple countries/market types/access models is preferred.
- Deep appreciation of science and ability to translate scientific information into strategy is required.
- An ability to manage multiple demands and priorities on time, influence without authority, gain alignment and drive decision making is required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must with a strong track record of producing results in a matrix-based environment
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically
- This position is based in Raritan, NJ, or can be in Horsham, PA or Titusville, NJ and may require up to 30% domestic and/or international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)
Health Economics R&D