Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Epidemiology Analytics
Titusville, New Jersey; Raritan, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 7927181116
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for the role of Manager in Epidemiology Analytics. For this role, you have the choice of working in Titusville NJ, Raritan NJ, or remotely anywhere in the US.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Your primary role in this position is as an active Epidemiology Analytics colleague. We in Epidemiology Analytics supports the Janssen organization, and others within Johnson & Johnson by generating and disseminating real-world evidence about disease, health service utilization, and the effects of medical products through the analysis of healthcare data.
You would also have the opportunity to engage with the broader international research community to establish and promote the appropriate use of observational data by conducting methodological research, developing standardized analytics tools and demonstrating successful applications to important clinical questions.
Your position will be specifically part of the Clinical Intelligence Applications function, a team responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of observational analyses for clinical characterization, population-level effect estimation, and patient-level prediction to meet the needs of Johnson & Johnson’s scientific and business functions.
Are you passionate about a role that executes safety and epidemiological research for Janssen as well as participates and develop best in class research practices on observational data? This role provides those opportunities.
- You will provide technical support for the data and analysis infrastructure and provide scientific support for conducting observational research in collaboration with epidemiologists and product teams. Additionally, you will support in dissemination of scientific information through technical reports and publications in peer-reviewed literature.
- You will work closely with colleagues within the department, in Global Medical Safety, and across Janssen.
- You will lead and contribute to the design of observational database analysis, including authoring protocol and analysis plan.
- You will also lead and contribute to the execution of observational database analyses by using standardized analytical tools and writing statistical programs against internal and external observational data resources.
- Lead and contribute to the synthesis of evidence from observational database analyses with other evidence to inform medical decision-making, including authoring publications and presentations.
- We require you to have an undergraduate degree in Biostatistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Informatics, Computer Science or related disciplines. A graduate degree (Masters or PhD) is preferred.
- 2 years of experience in statistical programming (e.g. SAS, R), or database programming (e.g. SQL).
- 1 year of programming against large healthcare data sets.
- 1 year of relevant prior work experience in the healthcare industry within a pharmaceutical (or related) company, insurer, or within a health system.
- Experience with the statistical analysis and management of administrative claims datasets or electronic health/medical records.
- Knowledge of medical terminologies (e.g. ICD, NDC, SNOMED, MedDRA, LOINC, CPT) is preferred.
- You should have strong written and oral communication skills.
- We would like if you have project management experience.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)